Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,543 times

Advertisements

I have tried CICi's and loved it their salad's were great and I like the pizza menu, can't really say how it would fare here in Bayonne but with me it would be a a GO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 PM

151 posts, read 528,586 times
Never been to CiCi's, but I definitely think it's probably better off as a mall type place.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:02 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,831,577 times
I got sick after eating at Cici's once. This was in FL though.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:22 PM

248 posts, read 535,963 times
I grew up in Bayonne, and they have the best pizzerias, so I don't see a need for CiCi's. Tried it in Florida and thought it was awful! Maybe try Jersey City instead. Teenagers might like it because it's so cheap.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 822 times
I currently live in Bayonne I can't understand why people are saying it shouldn't come to Bayonne . tbh yes there are ALOT of pizza places in this small area of Bayonne but there mostly no name none of them are buffet like cici which would be a big plus. Domino pizza and pizza hut is good if you don't mind waiting 2 house for it. I think u would find that the people of Bayonne like myself would love cici here

Old 04-12-2015, 04:10 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,896,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonnemamaof2 View Post
I currently live in Bayonne I can't understand why people are saying it shouldn't come to Bayonne . tbh yes there are ALOT of pizza places in this small area of Bayonne but there mostly no name none of them are buffet like cici which would be a big plus. Domino pizza and pizza hut is good if you don't mind waiting 2 house for it. I think u would find that the people of Bayonne like myself would love cici here
Because people in Bayonne are used to REAL pizza, not poor imitations like Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Cici's. Bayonne has been blessed with a wealth of fantastic pizzerias and restaurants which include pizza on the menu.

We moved to Central Florida (the Ocala area, in Marion County) a little over 5 years ago, and it's very hard to find decent mom-and-pop Italian restaurants here. There's a little hole in the wall near us which makes excellent pizza and pasta fagiole that will make you cry, it's so good, and another which is a step below (but which makes great chicken francaise or lobster ravioli). And that's it. The best one closed -- it was part of a small local chain which had great pizza, but it was located in an out-of-the-way area in an outdoor mall which was suffering from the recession, which hit this area very hard.

I'll admit it - I was spoiled by places like Pompeii, the Venice, Bilmar's, and Rocco's for over 50 years. I'll never find pizza of that quality down here, no matter how hard I try. So count your blessings that you live in an area where you can find and enjoy the real thing, because not everyone is so lucky.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:18 AM

228 posts, read 1,206,189 times
This post is 6 years old. If OP did in fact open a CICI's it no doubt when out of business by now lol.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:42 AM

7,057 posts, read 19,329,539 times
Yep, I think the OP wisely took a step back. I think a Cicis opened in East Rutherford (on Route 17) but it since closed. Not sure there are any others around NJ.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:44 PM

19,147 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Yep, I think the OP wisely took a step back. I think a Cicis opened in East Rutherford (on Route 17) but it since closed. Not sure there are any others around NJ.
There is a Cici's located on Rt. 1 South, in North Brunswick.
From what I have observed, they are doing as badly as the strip mall's anchor store--BJ's Wholesale Club--which is adjacent to them.
(The Costco across the highway from BJ's is...cleaning BJ's clock...)

In a state like NJ, which has a plethora of very good REAL Italian Mom & Pop pizza places, why would somebody choose ersatz pizza, such as they serve at Cici's, Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Little Ceasar's?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:10 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,729,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpage721 View Post
cici's is a complex concept. If you just eat off the buffet and stick to traditional pepperoni and sausage you will more than likely be disappointed, that's not the concept at all. The idea is the wild new pizzas like buffalo chicken and alfredo pizza, the best pizza you can get from a cici's is special ordered. You can go into any in the country and order a pizza with whatever you like, cooked however you like, it's like you're making it in the kitchen yourself.

It's not the sloppy-style fold it and chug the grease northern pizza. It's tex-mex, everyone knows that, it was founded in texas. as far as ingredients go, it doesn't get much more fresh. it's one of the only chains that make all the dough fresh in the morning with zero fillers, keep fresh veggies and sauces prepped from fresh delivered ingredients every day. It is what it is, it's healthy, unique, and inexpensive. it's like a glove, it fits some people and doesn't others
is that you Darin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey