Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:05 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,601,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i LOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE craigslist - just last week sold some lighting fixtures. this is a total scam (if you didn't already know). legit people know the deal - come to the house, with CASH, and offer up your cell number to confirm everything.

i've never been scammed, but i have had people express interest to never confirm the pickup time. luckily i always had someone waiting in the wings.

you'll sell it.
Well hopefully it will sell. I have some other stuff I want to try and sell as well but I'll wait and see what this brings first . Need any door knobs..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 AM

831 posts, read 2,436,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
LOL... too true! He writes just like that man from Nigeria who keeps telling me I have millions of dollars waiting for me from a great, great uncle in the oil business who past away over there...lol.
OMG we must be related. We have the same uncle.lmao
Seriously though, he/she now has your direct email, clean out your cookies and do a virus scan just to be on the safe side.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,856,876 times
A dryer? Like a clothes dryer??? No reason someone local will not show up at your house with cash for that.

i usually make people tell me where they are driving from before i bother responding.

there are some weird people on there. i think one guy wanted to drive from like South south jersey to pick up an item worth 10 dollars that i was giving away. guess he had not checked the latest turnpike rates!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
Seriously though, he/she now has your direct email, clean out your cookies and do a virus scan just to be on the safe side.
ah...yes. i have a junk email account (meaning, if i get too much spam or whatever, i can easily get rid of it) used for just this purpose.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:40 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Well hopefully it will sell. I have some other stuff I want to try and sell as well but I'll wait and see what this brings first . Need any door knobs..lol
LMAO - what kind of knobs? kitchen door or regular door?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
LMAO - what kind of knobs? kitchen door or regular door?
LOL...gold door knobs with hinges, etc. The ones the builder put in - I switched them all over to oil rubbed bronze. The one's the builder used were pretty high end but I prefer the oil rubbed look : ))

Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
Little personal, no? LOL - how does one clean out their cookies???

Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times
it is a scam, when I was rented my place I had a similiar response. If you keep fuc@@ing with him you will soon see he wants to put the money directly into your bank account.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:59 AM

7 posts, read 36,934 times
Exclamation Be careful

I have a friend that sold some stuff on Craigs list, she took both money orders and a check, guess what???? they were both fake, so be careful, take cash, have the person meet you in a public place, never take people to your homes

hope this helps

Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Ya know. If ya are having a bad day...

You COULD play with him some... After a while start talking like one of those conspiracy types. This could be ALOT of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey