Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 PM

828 posts, read 3,139,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
::waving at fischy:: - how are you?

Hey "T", hows it going?
I was busy becoming a regular at Mustache Bill's on Barnegat Light!

To the OP, check out Cliffside Park.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM

10 posts, read 42,520 times
Thanks!!!.Can you tell me some nice garden apartments or luxury apartments around the area?.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:00 AM

730 posts, read 2,889,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Does living near a train station mean much anymore?
Wasn't there a commuter who was recently murdered at a JC train station?
This happened at the light rail station and it was a mentally ill person who committed a random act of violence on a stranger. This could happen anywhere.

Would you advise people not to live near any Long Island Rail station because of the mainiac that shot all those people on the train years ago?

You have a totally biased opinion of Jersey City and urban livin in general it seems.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:06 PM

15 posts, read 78,320 times
I totally agree with LynnePatrice. I think that ANYONE who grew up or lived in an urban area knows that you have to be on your toes even if the area is considered "safe". I grew up in Union City and while nothing ever happened to me I was always watching my surroundings. It's part of living in a city. If you want to live with your head in the sand than move to the suburbs. Otherwise, ALWAYS be alert when you live in the city. There is no better way to become a victim of a crime, in a city, than to prance around looking like you have nowhere to go.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 PM

828 posts, read 3,139,675 times
Please stop this "be on your toes" crap.
You have excuses for your excuses.
Was there a man murdered at a train station in JC?----YES.

Then you pick out one incident on Long Island, when I can go thru the local paper in JC and find a dozen per day.
I lived in a City for 30 years...I have enough sense to leave and not make excuses...

Old 09-22-2008, 09:10 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,958,231 times
OP - you may want to check out Lyndhurst or Rutherford NJ as well.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,016 times
I live in that area (near light rail station) and I love my block/neighborhood. It depends on where you are. I have good neighbors and feel safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey