Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:12 PM

6 posts, read 13,264 times

Advertisements

I feel like crying, because i was unable to pay my 1.500 dolares rent this month, what a life. Howerver is nice to hear about these fortunates humam being it gives you reasons to believe in a better future. Sheers °¿° ☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:43 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,101,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
go tp bernardsville , its even bigger, theres not enough land in Alpine!!
I thought the same thing. I am a real estate agent so naturally I go all over NJ but when I first started to visit Alpine, althought there are some great homes, I thought it is a little overrated because it is so small and I was not crazy about the location or most of the homes. There were some great ones but not as many as I thought there would be initially. Still a great area though.

If you want some crazy homes in NJ, like the poster above stated, Bernardsville, Far Hills, Basking Ridge, and Mendham all feature this and these are all small towns that can be accessed on the same road so it gives a much more grand feeling. Really really crazy homes you must visit neighboring Long Island's Nassau county. Sands Point, Brookville, Old Brookville, Old Westbury, etc. Now those are insaine!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Most people buying homes in that range will have more than one... so the other is not in Jersey!
Exactly, their other is in Palm Beach or one of the neighboring towns like Manalapan where you are RIGHT on the ocean. Some of the largest homes in the US.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:31 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,373,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
Exactly, their other is in Palm Beach or one of the neighboring towns like Manalapan where you are RIGHT on the ocean. Some of the largest homes in the US.
I think you mean Manasquan, NJ. Manalapan is inland, aproximently 20 min from the shore.

Btw, The Nashville area has Huge Homes. Belle Meade Blvd has some older Huge Mansions, old money there.
105 Belle Meade Blvd, Nashville TN 37205 | Homes.com

519 Belle Meade Blvd, Nashville, TN 37205 - Zillow

Diane G

Old 10-17-2009, 11:44 PM

390 posts, read 1,511,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I think you mean Manasquan, NJ. Manalapan is inland, aproximently 20 min from the shore.

Diane G
I believe Dodgeviper was referring to Manalapan, Florida. Its a oceanfront town on an island south of Palm Beach.

http://www.manalapan.org/

Last edited by FBone; 10-17-2009 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: Added link

Old 10-18-2009, 06:35 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,373,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBone View Post
I believe Dodgeviper was referring to Manalapan, Florida. Its a oceanfront town on an island south of Palm Beach.

Town of Manalapan, FL
Ok, I'm familar with that. I have customers in Highland Beach and the surounding areas. Highbeach, Florida is very nice.

Diane G

Old 10-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Yes, I meant Manalapan, Florida. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,795,738 times
Alpine is nice and it is the most expensive zip code in the nation, but I can see how some are saying it's not where the real 'crazy' homes are.

The craziest homes I've seen in the nation are in Palm Beach, FL and in Beverly Hills and Bel Air, CA. Castles and compounds, you can't even see the home itself half the time aside from a glimpse through the gates.

Although, there are some pretty incredible homes near me, in Saddle River... I know Nixon's Saddle River estate, before he moved out of it and into my town, had its own golf course. That's pretty impressive for Bergen County where space is at a premium.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 AM

370 posts, read 1,371,113 times
I work down near Alpine and love to drive around and look at the houses. They are beautiful. I don't know if they are the biggest houses in the state but i am pretty sure I have read that they are the most expensive. The real estate so close to NYC is always more pricey. I did hear that their tax rate is fairly low for Bergen County and I believe Saddle River is also. Even with the low rate it is nuts that many of these homes have yearly taxes higher than many people's annual salary.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:56 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,122,292 times
Who was the black stand-up comedienne who recently remarked about Madonna [or someone], who just bought a zillion-dollar McMansion with thirteen bathrooms....

"What the hell does she need thirteen bathrooms for, she's only got one ass !?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey