Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,524,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCarol View Post
Hello everyone.

I currently live in Piscataway and have been very much considering moving out of state. I have however come across many homes in the area of sicklerville with great prices. One home I love is in Wyndam Hill the other oak forest, Taxes seem high but I guess they are everywhere in NJ. My husband works near Philly and I would have to find work. He says the homes are so reasonable because no one wants to live there. Ive read posts here pro and cons but would like some more opinions. I'm in my early 50's with no children. I'm currently in a condo and have never had a home of my own. I hate Piscataway. I'm sick of the congestion. Any pro cons would be appreciated
Sicklerville is a good value. The issue is that it is a far commute to Philly. Also, Rt 42 (Altantic City Expressway) is a mess, don't expect easy traffic on the major roads during commuting time. Probably not a bad investment though since more and more folks are moving down that way looking for cheaper housing but taxes are on the rise. If the schools improve you will be happy you bought down there 10 years from now. On the plus side, you can get down the shore easily.

Last edited by MoorestownResident; 04-29-2008 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey