Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 08:48 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
^Really nice shots, HH.
I got myself a 70-300mm lens the other day, but its been raining since then. First thing Im doing when the sun comes out is see what kind of shots I can get locally, and sunsets. I know a perfect new spot for the "golden hour".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 03:58 PM

Was able to work with an old pic I took with my DSLR at Sandy hook.
Today I went to a new sunset spot I found in PA.
Attached Thumbnails
New Jersey Picture Thread-sandy-hook-1.jpg   New Jersey Picture Thread-sunset-1a.jpg  

Old 01-01-2020, 10:18 PM

32,920 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I eat the steak too fast before getting a chance to take the picture.

Its funny how odd it would look to whip out my huge DSLR at the table.
My son takes photos of his steaks and sends them to his friends who incinerate meat. It took years, but he is a steak whisperer. Charcoal, propane, cast iron, he gets it right about 99% of the time.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:19 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Was able to work with an old pic I took with my DSLR at Sandy hook.
Today I went to a new sunset spot I found in PA.
Nice! Happy New Year. When I get back to Jersey, I'll have to take some more to add to the thread!

Here is one from Sandy Hook last April.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Nice! Happy New Year. When I get back to Jersey, I'll have to take some more to add to the thread!

Here is one from Sandy Hook last April.
Nice!
I think I was at that very spot a few months ago looking right at Staten Island.
Its a clear day on Sunday, I think I plan to go to Sandy Hook again to catch some candid animals and another sunset with the new lens.

Old 01-04-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Nice!
I think I was at that very spot a few months ago looking right at Staten Island.
Its a clear day on Sunday, I think I plan to go to Sandy Hook again to catch some candid animals and another sunset with the new lens.
Yes, it's a great spot for finding birds.

Also, I spend a lot of my time in Ontario. The lakes are frozen, and so the loons have gone south. I've never seen a loon in New Jersey, but now that I've looked into it, I understand that they often winter around Sandy Hook. I am going to look for them.

Meanwhile, here's an egret I caught on the bay at Sandy Hook last spring.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:52 PM

You may have, but they're not very noticeable. They look sort of like ducks if you're not searching for birds.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You may have, but they're not very noticeable. They look sort of like ducks if you're not searching for birds.
That's what I'm thinking. Also, when I took my solstice sunrise pictures, there were gulls on the shore, but there were also two birds on the water but far enough away that I couldn't see them clearly, especially with the sun now blazing in my eyes. They kept diving down underneath the waves, which gulls usually don't do. They weren't cormorants, because they have longer necks. I wondered if they could be loons.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's a great spot for finding birds.

Also, I spend a lot of my time in Ontario. The lakes are frozen, and so the loons have gone south. I've never seen a loon in New Jersey, but now that I've looked into it, I understand that they often winter around Sandy Hook. I am going to look for them.

Meanwhile, here's an egret I caught on the bay at Sandy Hook last spring.
Ok now youre upping the ante.
Once the sun comes back out, Ill need to catch Jersey scenery and some bird detail.
This will get interesting!

Old 01-07-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. Also, when I took my solstice sunrise pictures, there were gulls on the shore, but there were also two birds on the water but far enough away that I couldn't see them clearly, especially with the sun now blazing in my eyes. They kept diving down underneath the waves, which gulls usually don't do. They weren't cormorants, because they have longer necks. I wondered if they could be loons.
I wonder. I don't know a great deal about shore birds. I like the Piping Plovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey