Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 03:20 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi1 View Post
You guys are awesome thank you for the advice I actually called the keansberg seller telling him I will not be making an offer and upped my budget to 400k looking for a 3 bedroom condo. Find some nice condos in North Middletown and Aberdeen that I am going to take a look at this weekend after I visit the fishery in Keyport ��. Thank you for the advice I feel as I doged a bullet
At 400K depending on your housing needs you could look for SFH, there are other towns too depending on your commuting tolerance.....
River Plaza in Middletown is a nice area of smaller homes that feeds into the South HS and is near parkway and Red Bank for nights out....nice place to look...take some time and drive around and get to know the towns..have a meal, go to the park, see what its like when school gets out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 06:06 PM

9 posts, read 36,150 times
I grew up on Staten Island she is a Brooklyn gal , I always loved NJ as a kid going to Cape May every summer wish I could find a job in Atlantic City I would move in a second !

So I went to check out more areas and found a really nice condo right on the shore in Port Monmouth looks like a lot nicer of an area then Keansburg even though it is the next town over . I think the name of the condo was Park Ferry at Shoal Harbor looked really upscale though any though on that area ? I know it did flood when sandy happened but only the garage and they didn't even have to use insurance so I guess it wasn't too bad .

I am really thinking about putting in an offer this week but wanted to ask the professionals

Old 11-07-2016, 02:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
looks like its part of middletown so thats definitely better than being in keansburg. looks like north middletown vs south.

looks like you want to live by the water. id love a house on the water. maybe when i retire.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:34 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Googled the apartment complex, found this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...al-harbor.html

Old 11-08-2016, 04:55 AM

Thanks jerseygirl I saw that post too the area is beautiful thinking about moving forward I can't wait to be an NJ resident. I have been trying to escape Staten Island for awhile lol that part of NJ is so relaxing

Old 11-08-2016, 04:58 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
There's only the garage at ground lever, so none of your good stuff will get wet. Is that where the furnace and water heater are located?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
I also considered Keansburg when I moved to Monmouth County despite the bad schools and the BEWARE OF DOG signs on the chain-link fences around pretty much every house, making me aware that crime was indeed a problem. My kid was grown, so I didn't care about the school problem and I'm not easily frightened by some level of crime, but they had just redrawn the flood maps and the entire town is high risk, which means you need flood insurance, and that killed it for me.

Since that time, there were two major storms, one of which badly flooded Keansburg. You know that cute little amusement park near the water? The carousel horses were floating down the street. My friend's mom was at Bayside Manor Assisted Living and they had to evacuate all of them to a school gymnasium somewhere (the mom was 90 and thought it was a big adventure, lol.)

I do know someone who has lived there for 20 years, and he likes it. Single man, works nights in J.C.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 AM

the water heater and heating system are on the 2nd floor , the AC unit is outside but raised up about 3 feet so all should be good , the only issue is the wife does not have a car and needs to commute to Manhattan which is a schlep unless she takes the Belford ferry which is mucho $$$$, im sure there are other alternatives but either way its not like the train station or bus stop is around the block she would still need to drive .

Old 11-09-2016, 08:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi1 View Post
the water heater and heating system are on the 2nd floor , the AC unit is outside but raised up about 3 feet so all should be good , the only issue is the wife does not have a car and needs to commute to Manhattan which is a schlep unless she takes the Belford ferry which is mucho $$$$, im sure there are other alternatives but either way its not like the train station or bus stop is around the block she would still need to drive .
its suburban nj, she is going to need to drive.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 892 times
Obi: What was your verdict? I’ve just come across this post and am curious as a relatively new Keansburg resident (rented 2016, bought 2017) who is hoping to help beautify the area. I personally see both sides. I’m originally from nyc and have no snotty response to urban development. It’s a town that needs people who believe in it, so hopefully no one has dissuaded you from making your own decisions. There are amazing benefits to getting in on the ground level and watching a place like Keansburg build itself. Look at Hoboken! I know Keansburg is not across the river from nyc, but it’s got a STELLAR view of it from the beachway properties you’re talking about!! Good luck in your search, because in the end it’s not where you live that will make you happy, it’s the happiness inside you that will make where you live, the place you love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey