Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,621,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
If you lose electricity you won't lose water unless it needs to pump. It doesn't always need to pump. That only happens a few times a day. Plus - if you live in hickville you probably have a generator because of situations like that. I don't really need to worry about that right now - I've only lost electric 1x in the last 7 years for more then 5 mins.

Now.....I need to go find some wood to knock on!
Hickville? I'm sure you meant "HickSville" - and who ya callin' a hick! My uncle grandpa wouldn't take too kindly to them fightin' words!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,623,516 times
Default to well water or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
That's why I have a whole house generator...no issues here : ))
Isnt Wiley just so wonderful lol!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:48 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,721,537 times
We had a well in Sussex County and found out that the water had very high levels of radiation, so we used the water only to shower/clean with. We used bottled water to drink and cook with. It got very expensive to say the least. Never again will we buy a home that has a well!
With public water it is the company's responsibilty to make sure your water is drinkable/potable. With a private well, it's up to you.
When the electricity fails, so does the pump to your well, so no water. In addition, well water can be very hard and full of deposits, where a softening system will need to be installed.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post

Isnt Wiley just so wonderful lol!
Look who's back! Wereya been? Tending to the sheep out there in Hicksville Sussex County...betcha you don't have one of them there whole house thingies now do ya : )))

Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
We had a well in Sussex County and found out that the water had very high levels of radiation, so we used the water only to shower/clean with. We used bottled water to drink and cook with. It got very expensive to say the least. Never again will we buy a home that has a well!
With public water it is the company's responsibilty to make sure your water is drinkable/potable. With a private well, it's up to you.
When the electricity fails, so does the pump to your well, so no water. In addition, well water can be very hard and full of deposits, where a softening system will need to be installed.
The key words..."it's the company's responsibility to make sure your water is drinkable/potable". Where do you think their water comes from??? A well - a community well and how often do they have to test that well? Probably every month and the results take typically another 2 weeks. My advice, either choice - put every type of filter possible on your water system! Whether you have a private well or city water. The water in NJ - everywhere..has issues.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:53 PM

why cant you get meail or direct messages wiley??????? The generator kill the mail man lol. I have been around silly!!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:54 PM

i meant to type emails, sorry my sheep keeps knockin my hand lol I should take him outside

Old 02-20-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
why cant you get meail or direct messages wiley??????? The generator kill the mail man lol. I have been around silly!!
I'm not sure? My aol has been a mess lately...hacker I think - keep having to change my password everytime I sign on. Did you direct email me?????Oh and those generators, then can be deadly! Hope the sheep are ok

Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 PM

yes i tried to email you and direct mail neither works admit it you blocked me lol (weeps) My sheep is gettin slaughtered we are hungry!

Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 PM

Here I am thinking I have no pals!!! All I have received all week is spam... I just sent you a short email to see if you got it? Did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey