Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 AM

8 posts, read 31,558 times

Advertisements

Im looking to relocate my family to monmouth county and have become interested in Wall however I can't find much infomation on it. Can someone shed some light on the basics as far as homes, school, shopping etc.? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 08:59 AM

11,340 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Welcome to Wall Township, New Jersey

You can also contact Evelyn Mars from the Southern Monmouth Chamber

732 280-8800

Southern Monmouth Chamber of Commerce

Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 AM

179 posts, read 465,516 times
I lived in Wall for 20 years, Great place to raise a family, Great schools, nice people.........About 10 to 30 min. to the beach. Homes may be a little high, but you get what you pay for. Good shopping, lots of parks, good police dept. You will not be sorry ! Good Luck

Old 06-07-2012, 06:31 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemm55 View Post
Im looking to relocate my family to monmouth county and have become interested in Wall however I can't find much infomation on it. Can someone shed some light on the basics as far as homes, school, shopping etc.? Thanks in advance.
I grew up in Manasquan and now live right on the border between the two.

My kids started in Squan and finished at wall. We had a very bad experience in the wall school system. Most of the teachers are fine and some we're down right great but the schools are very overcrowded and the admins and staff just want to be left alone.

Example, my daughter is in the top 10% in her grade, is a class officer, athlete , never been in trouble, etc and when she won her category at the state science fair they called her down to the office and read her and I the riot act for participating in a non school sanctioned event. She had asked her teachers to mentor her and the boe said no due to liability issues. So she went to a local university to find one.

Anyway instead if being proud of their student they were threatening to suspend her. I reminded them that all of this happened outside of school time and it isn't any of their business.

We had similar issues with the other kids. Push comes to shove I wish I had sent them to Manasquan for their while school careers.

Aside from the school some neighborhoods are nicer than others but there is no central "downtown" or beach like in most of the neighboring towns. So if that is something you are interested in I would suggest Manasquan, Spring Lake heights or Brielle.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:27 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I grew up in Manasquan and now live right on the border between the two.

My kids started in Squan and finished at wall. We had a very bad experience in the wall school system. Most of the teachers are fine and some we're down right great but the schools are very overcrowded and the admins and staff just want to be left alone.

Example, my daughter is in the top 10% in her grade, is a class officer, athlete , never been in trouble, etc and when she won her category at the state science fair they called her down to the office and read her and I the riot act for participating in a non school sanctioned event. She had asked her teachers to mentor her and the boe said no due to liability issues. So she went to a local university to find one.

Anyway instead if being proud of their student they were threatening to suspend her. I reminded them that all of this happened outside of school time and it isn't any of their business.

We had similar issues with the other kids. Push comes to shove I wish I had sent them to Manasquan for their while school careers.

Aside from the school some neighborhoods are nicer than others but there is no central "downtown" or beach like in most of the neighboring towns. So if that is something you are interested in I would suggest Manasquan, Spring Lake heights or Brielle.
Manasquan High School just passed a code of conduct for the kids, even after school hours and the summer.

Do something wrong even when not in school and you can be suspended.

Welcome to Big Brother.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Manasquan High School just passed a code of conduct for the kids, even after school hours and the summer.

Do something wrong even when not in school and you can be suspended.

Welcome to Big Brother.
They have had that in wall for years. I actually have no issue with those. Mostly they are geared at students who get in trouble for drugs and alcohol. Which can have an effect on school and extracurricular activities.

OTOH the intel science fair isn't remotely the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey