Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 07:53 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,433,130 times

Advertisements

I thought this guy was against that? Didnt he blast Corzine for that? Not sure I understand his logic. I understand his revenue numbers are coming in way below what he expected and his Jersey comeback is taking a big hit which is no surprise to all of us. That being said why not cut spending instead of borrowing money which is exactly what got us into this mess? The more things change the more they stay the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,981,351 times
Well he can't rise the Gas Tax , so he has to barrow....

Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,433,130 times
I know at all cost he can't raises "taxes" because that would spoil any chance he has for higher office. So raising fees is ok in his mind but borrowing money and just kicking the can down the street is not exactly wise in my opinion. He blasted Corzine for this exact thing. Why not cut spending?

Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 AM

5,826 posts, read 12,701,442 times
He tours the country touting tax cuts that won't materialize because we don't have the money. He's better than Corzine but damn stop lying to us.
Property taxes rise every year because he cut funding to towns and schools. Great reformer my@ss.
Christie Turns to Name Calling on N.J. Revenue Report Shortfall - 1 hour ago

As New Jersey's nonpartisan budget analyst testified before Assembly lawmakers about a $1.3 ... By Elise Young - 2012-05-24T04:01:00Z ... 2013 spending plan as tax revenue came up short, swelling a projected deficit to

Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,120,890 times
He's already started the namecalling in true Wizard of Oz fashion. "Don't look behind the curtain"

Old 05-24-2012, 08:49 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,520,792 times
If I understand this correctly, essentially the tax we pay on gasoline is helping to fund the income tax break?

Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM

526 posts, read 1,418,329 times
Borrowed ? I think you can kiss that money good bye.
He stole that money along with money from other funds.
He has to take this moeny to balance his budget.
smoke and mirrors

Last few years, If we have cable.fiber, we pay a couple of bucks every month on the bill. Money suppose to go to fund a grant to poor/elerly who cannot afford basic cable service.

Money has been sitting in fund doing nothing. state doesn't want to realease it.

Christie took it to balance budget.
The guy who put the bill up wants to kill the "fee" because if it's not going to be used as intended, stop it. Christie's admin will not allow it to be killed.

This seems to be his mondra, I didn't raise taxes, but create fees for other purposes and then steal the money to balance his budget.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM

1,972 posts, read 3,382,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boater1 View Post
Borrowed ? I think you can kiss that money good bye.
He stole that money along with money from other funds.
He has to take this moeny to balance his budget.
smoke and mirrors

Last few years, If we have cable.fiber, we pay a couple of bucks every month on the bill. Money suppose to go to fund a grant to poor/elerly who cannot afford basic cable service.

Money has been sitting in fund doing nothing. state doesn't want to realease it.

Christie took it to balance budget.
The guy who put the bill up wants to kill the "fee" because if it's not going to be used as intended, stop it. Christie's admin will not allow it to be killed.

This seems to be his mondra, I didn't raise taxes, but create fees for other purposes and then steal the money to balance his budget.
We need Corzine back...he was much better.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,981,351 times
Its not just NJ , the whole country and Canada needs to raise the Gas tax to European levels to keep up with population demand and expansions. Why do you think Europe's network is in better shape and growing at rapid pace then our system? Over 400 Million Europeans drive , its more then this country.... There High Tax has some rewards , higher speed limit its 80-90 outside of Germany in most of Europe , a Highway system that goes everywhere and through and over everything. Tunnels that are 14 miles long and bridges over 20 miles long , things the US could never build. They do use Tolls for there highway networks....but they just pay for there highways you can't raid the Tolls for Roads or Railways... Sadly this will probably never happen in the US and Canada and Canada is showing the strains of not raising the tax in years to keep of with demand. Quebec has had 4 Bridge collapses in the past 10 years....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: