Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,990,980 times

Advertisements

Hoboken, Jersey City, New Brunswick & White Plains are not the only places in the NY metro. Take these recommendations with a grain of salt.
Do your own research

With that said; Montclair would be worth exploring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 02:20 PM

1,972 posts, read 3,382,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Great information. Thanks! If someone could fill in Hoboken, it would be very helpful. Thanks again!
I am moving to the Jersey City waterfront after living in Morristown, NJ for four years. Motown is great, but not practical for commuting to NYC or for going out to city on weekends. I work in midtown. I searched Williamsburg, Manhattan, Hoboken and Jersey City. I got the most bang for my buck in JC and the view of Freedom Tower. Hoboken is great, because it is mature (fully developed), lots of people walking around, great access to the city, and no bad spots surround it. However, I couldn't find much product with parking and a view of the city. I despised Williamsburg. I don't get the draw of that community at all. Very gritty. I loved lower Manhattan, but price was just too ridiculous. I finally settled on the Paulus Hook section of JC. It is a nice neighborhood, I got parking, a 2 BD unit, and a great view of lower Manhattan. I am a few minutes from Hoboken and on PATH stop from lower Manhattan. Locationally, JC is great. However, it is not as fully developed as Hoboken so it can seem deserted at times. Also, when you travel west of the waterfront, JC becomes realllly bad, which doesn't happen in Hoboken.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,668,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Whoops i forgot Hoboken....hold on i'll add that in...
Thanks. Appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey