Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 08:41 AM

7 posts, read 25,167 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am currently living in Jackson Heights, Queens, NY. I got a job in Parsippany, NJ. I've been working there for several months now, and start to realize that it costs me a PENNY to drive there plus I'm not really happy spending so much time in traffic, even if it's 2-3 times a week.

So, I thought about moving to Morris county. I will rent for now. Can't buy a house in the place I don't have a clue about. I mean some place (not necessary Morris county) relatively close to Parsippany, let's say within 45 mins max (driving). So I wonder if somebody can give me some advice on where to start looking (towns, counties, agencies, etc). Here is some additional info, on what I'm looking for.

I am not 100% happy moving out of the city, but I think that I want to try to live in the countysid - maybe I will like it even more then a city, you never know... I was living in a big city all my life, it's time for a change.

School system is not that important, since my daughter is only 2.5 now, and it's another couple of years until she'll go to school. However, I am looking for a descent neighborhood, without any gangs, graffiti on the walls, etc. You know what I mean. No Newark crap (as far as I heard about it). So, my budget is limited. I am paying 1300 for 900sf 1-bedrm apt in Queens, but this is the city, I wouldn't pay as much in Jersey, unless there is more to that apartment then just regular apartment building/. I want to live there, checks things around, maybe even buy a house later.

Any kinds of advices are welcome. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: