Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 AM

90 posts, read 153,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Stop being so wimpy, those contractors are stealing from you. Insist that they pay you $10 a day to plug into your outlets or call the Franklin Twp Police and have them arrested for theft of service.

Or turn off the power and then cut their extension cords in half. Remember they are trespassing on your property.
LOL!! Good one. I think I took the better approach and simply cut the power to the outlets on the exterior of my home. Thanks for the input though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,682 times
Hello Guys,

I requested MS audio to install in one place but he installed in a different place. He did not delivered what he promised. I already paid him. who I have to report?
Can I point this when I do inspection before closing? Do I have to report this immediately to builder? I know I did not paid to builder for all my ethernet & cable work.

Thanks
Kris

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM

90 posts, read 153,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnav View Post
Hello Guys,

I requested MS audio to install in one place but he installed in a different place. He did not delivered what he promised. I already paid him. who I have to report?
Can I point this when I do inspection before closing? Do I have to report this immediately to builder? I know I did not paid to builder for all my ethernet & cable work.

Thanks
Kris
Why don't you just tell him to fix whatever work he has done incorrectly?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 AM

62 posts, read 147,097 times
its gonna be a tough one - Krishnav. Once he got paid in full, in advance there is little you can do.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM

283 posts, read 667,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnav View Post
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Kris
Krishnav:

Instead of assuming anything, have you tried to contact him directly for the mistake? Once we had house alarm going bad due to power cut by Hurricane Sandy and I called him on his cell phone. He came the very next day and set the system. His contact info is available on his invoice or get through his office.

If he does not respond, you may inform the builder, but they will not allow the closing to be delayed because of that.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM

60 posts, read 142,579 times
Has anyone got property tax mail from municipality?
I haven't taken escrow, so just curious when
I can expect property tax mail?

I moved on Nov, 2012.

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTG007 View Post
Has anyone got property tax mail from municipality?
I haven't taken escrow, so just curious when
I can expect property tax mail?

I moved on Nov, 2012.

Thanks!
GTG007:

Better confirm with Franklin Township (Township of Franklin, Somerset County, New Jersey). They will send you one reminder and later it will go to dispute. You will have to pay to following divisions:

-Franklin township-property tax (2.1% of property purchase price)
-Franklin Township Sewerage Authority tax = $275 per yr (same for all homeowners)
Franklin Township Dept. of Water Utility (water supplied by American Water Co but distributed and charged by Township)
All Bills are to be paid quarterly.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 PM

4 posts, read 6,444 times
Funny you guys mention the workers using your power outlets. I caught a guy doing this as well. I simply went out and told him we closed on the house he can't use the power here any more. The guy didn't speak any english and gave me a deer in the headlights kind of look. I just went and unplugged his cord at that point, closed the cover on the box and stated, "NO". That seemed to do the trick.

I know the guys routinely use the power from nearby homes because it's quieter and cheaper than running a gas generator all day. I suspect the problem really to be a lack of english speaking workers who do not understand the instructions from superiors, as well as the inability to distinguish which homes have been closed on.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Received property assessment from the Franklin township assessor. It says that for 2013, land is $84,500 and building is $350,800, making a total of $435,300. This was the base purchase price of our Bergen model home last year. The tax rate last year was 1.8%, for this year it is 2.1%. The township can change property-tax rate each year and property value assessment every few years, depending upon their needs.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,444 times
Does anyone know if they are still planning on building a clubhouse/community center with a pool? We assume this is one of the reasons that homeowners are not allowed to have pools on their property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey