Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:24 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,054,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joongbo View Post
Does anybody know if there's a bus that goes straight to Philly from Sewell???
You have the 412 from Sewell to Philly (NJ Transit bus). It is an hour and 15 minute bus ride. You can also drive to Lindenwold and take the PATCO train into the city. The area you are in is not very convenient for public transportation to Philadelphia. There is no train It will probably easier for you to just drive into the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 PM

283 posts, read 607,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykids2011 View Post
LOL, Sewell IS a place. Maybe the old train station is abandoned, but you can discover Sewell on your trusty Google map, right there with our wonderful Sewell School , and Sewell Post Office .
I was surprised that, when looking for a Pediatrician in Sewell, I was directed to a place "in Sewell" just a few clicks outside of Turnersville, NJ.
We are in Sewell, Mantua Township, right off Mantua Drive. Can't beat it
But as to the question, Lots of good things to do around the area, including parks (including fishing), shopping and it's convenient to major highways while remaining quite suburban and almost rural... a nice place to raise a family.
Haha, sorry I misspoke. I didn't quite mean that it has been wiped from the Earth. What I meant is that it is no longer a municipality, just as Turnersville is no longer a municipality. It's more of a "section" of town. Like Westmont is part of Haddon Township, Sewell is part of Mantua Township. Sewell used to be its own incorporated town I'm sure and probably merged later.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,675,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_567 View Post
Haha, sorry I misspoke. I didn't quite mean that it has been wiped from the Earth. What I meant is that it is no longer a municipality, just as Turnersville is no longer a municipality. It's more of a "section" of town. Like Westmont is part of Haddon Township, Sewell is part of Mantua Township. Sewell used to be its own incorporated town I'm sure and probably merged later.
These are unincorporated towns, just like Ashland (which at least got a PATCO station).

Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_567 View Post
Here is the deal with Sewell. It's an unincorporated municipality within Mantua. Washington Township was never able to get its own zip code, so it shared its zip codes with the old zip code assigned to Sewell, which is now no longer a place (there is an abandoned Sewell train station that you can find in the area). The two townships are Mantua Township and Washginton Twp. Some Blackwood zip code addresses are in Turnersville and are in Washington Township. The goofy zip code sharing was never resolved by the USPS. It's funny because I live in Collingswood, and we have our own zip code for a small number of people.

Goat is right - most people identify with the incorporated township (Washington Township) and not the mailing city (Sewell). Hope that clears this one up.
Blackwood and Turnersville are the same zip code. Blackwood is part of Gloucester Twp, which is really in Camden County, and is home to Camden County College. The zip code tabulation area covers a large portion of Washington (Gloucester Co.) and that area is considered Turnersville. Other portions of both Washington and Gloucester Townships use the zip code for Sicklerville, which is supposed to be part of Winslow Twp. I do not know much about Mantua, but the Sewell thing always confused me too. I know Washington High School uses the Sewell zip code, but not sure what else in town uses it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia