Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:13 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,895,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
I never said that show made it change, I just meant that it is pretty much icing on the cake. It has slowly been declining over the last ten years or so, esp places like Seaside. Don't get me wrong I had a wonderful time in Cape May this past summer, but from where I am that is double the drive. You have everyone in Seaside and that surrounding area screaming "BENNY's go home!" all the time and that is nothing new.

oh yea.. Im talking SOUTH jersey beaches not the Seaside and that area. OC, WW CM are all rock solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
I think you're probably better off at the Delaware beaches.

We did that once and will not go back. Too small, too many gays(not that I care, but we do have children) and too far.. Never go back

Old 03-03-2012, 02:40 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,865,195 times
Is there something I missed? What's the problem with gay people being present near your children?

Also, the gay crowd is primarily in Rehoboth.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Is there something I missed? What's the problem with gay people being present near your children?

Also, the gay crowd is primarily in Rehoboth.
when our Son was young its pretty hard to explain why men were holding hands and kissing.. If you had kids you would understand. Now that hes older its no big deal.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,865,195 times
I actually have two kids. Why else would I live in NJ? If I was single I would live in Manayunk or something. Regarding the gay people kissing, I don't understand what is so hard to explain about it. You just tell the kids the truth.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:36 PM

32,960 posts, read 36,433,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
I never said that show made it change, I just meant that it is pretty much icing on the cake. It has slowly been declining over the last ten years or so, esp places like Seaside. Don't get me wrong I had a wonderful time in Cape May this past summer, but from where I am that is double the drive. You have everyone in Seaside and that surrounding area screaming "BENNY's go home!" all the time and that is nothing new.
Assateague's not a drive?

Old 03-26-2012, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,310 times
Haven't read all the posts, but I grew up in PA and am in Haddon Heights now. It is MUCH easier to get in and out of the city from the NJ side. I-76 is a nightmare. Haddonfield, Collingswood, Audubon, Haddon Heights, and Haddon Twp are fantastic small towns to live in and you can definitely get to UPenn in 20 min without a problem and very little traffic concerns. Avoid having to go north on Rt. 42 during morning rush at all costs - it backs up for MILES. I drive south into Blackwood every morning and the traffic is line up past my exit. There are significant downers to NJ - the property taxes, the ridiculous school district set up (though the schools are great) with too many BOEs and too many hands stirring the pot. PA is more desirable in many respects, but these small towns here are really adorable and close to the city. The south Jersey beaches are terrific places to take your family.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,310 times
As for what to say to kids when they ask why two men are kissing? Tell them that they must really love each other, just like mommy and daddy do. It's really quite simple.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:50 AM

3 posts, read 3,757 times
I do work at UPenn and commute every day from Cherry Hill. I do take 295 and Walt Whitman bridge rather than Benjamin Franklin bridge. It takes only twenty to twenty five minutes for me. Traffic in Walt Whitman never gets hung, where as in Benjamin Franklin bridge the 76 West traffic causes a jam almost every day during the morning and evening rush hours. If your wife works at Moorestown and you have to commute to UPenn, your best bet is to live in Cherry Hill, either West or East side near 295 and always take Walt Whitman bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia