Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,003,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Yes, Haddon Township (especially Westmont) and Audubon are far more attractive than Maple Shade. Plus they are actually very, very close to Center City Philadelphia, unlike Maple Shade.
I guess everyone has their own taste. Maple Shade is 1.5 miles further than Westmont or Audubon. So if you're walking.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,887,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
On the car insurance thing, when I moved from Voorhees to Moorestown in 2008, my rates went down about $240 a year just because of the change in zipcode. The reason that I was cited was the impact of crimes in Camden City on the models used that effect the entire county. We were renting at the time, but our renters insurance went down about $40 a year for the same reason as cited by my agent.

oh jeeze look,. Frank was right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Car insurance is higher in Camden county then Burlington county. At least this was what has told to me by my state farm agent. Same as home owners.. My prop taxes are the same or even LESS then in pa in Bucks, Mont counties for comparable homes. I know cause we just moved recently and found this out.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,711,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
oh jeeze look,. Frank was right..
Say it aint so...

Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Say it aint so...
even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:00 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,863,502 times
Wow, let's pack up and move to the next county to save $200 a year on car insurance.

Talk about a false economy.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:54 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,711,708 times
Quote:
Wow, let's pack up and move to the next county to save $200 a year on car insurance.

Talk about a false economy.
Come on man, no one is talking about selling their house in CC and moving 2 miles down the road to BC so they can save a few bucks on car insurance. However, when you are looking at the area in general, comparing properties and things, it's one of those nice hidden tangibles that most don't realize exist. I don't think it should push anyone over the fence either way, but all else being equal, it might help sway a decision. I don't know about you, but I prefer to have all the info I can when making a choice like that, especially when it comes to buying a home.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Come on man, no one is talking about selling their house in CC and moving 2 miles down the road to BC so they can save a few bucks on car insurance. However, when you are looking at the area in general, comparing properties and things, it's one of those nice hidden tangibles that most don't realize exist. I don't think it should push anyone over the fence either way, but all else being equal, it might help sway a decision. I don't know about you, but I prefer to have all the info I can when making a choice like that, especially when it comes to buying a home.
This is called 'doing your homework' Tarp! Higher prop taxes, higher car insurance, higher home owners .. . Not if you research first before you pull the trigger.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,863,502 times
Who cares about $200 extra a year for car insurance... living here is a major drain on the wallet as it is. You pay to sit on the damn sand at the beach, you pay tolls to drive in virtually any direction... $5 toll each time you want to go to Philly, which is a requirement if you want to find any sort of real culture or a decent non-chain restaurant to eat at. Somehow the people of NJ consider it acceptable to have $50 a month water bills. Why is the water company a private utility anyway? Every other place I own property (in several different states) has a municipal water authority with reasonable rates. Come to think of it, every other state also has highways where you can make left turns instead of wasting acres of land to make jughandles.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,879,933 times
Quote:
Who cares about $200 extra a year for car insurance... living here is a major drain on the wallet as it is. You pay to sit on the damn sand at the beach, you pay tolls to drive in virtually any direction... $5 toll each time you want to go to Philly, which is a requirement if you want to find any sort of real culture or a decent non-chain restaurant to eat at. Somehow the people of NJ consider it acceptable to have $50 a month water bills. Why is the water company a private utility anyway? Every other place I own property (in several different states) has a municipal water authority with reasonable rates. Come to think of it, every other state also has highways where you can make left turns instead of wasting acres of land to make jughandles.
Then leave. Trust me, we all know this state is overpriced. Bottom line is, if you hate this place so much, leave and don't come back. Go enjoy the wonderful culture of Fairfax County or wherever you grew up. Seriously, you make great points about how over-priced this state is, but you present them in possibly the most annoying and immature way possible. It's really really annoying.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 AM

In one sentence you say everything is so expensive, then you say who cares about saving $200?? Don't let the door hit you in your a$$ tarp..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia