Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,866,945 times

Advertisements

LOL, I already said before that I am leaving in a few months. Unless you have family or business ties here, there's no reason to stay in NJ and keep feeding the fat cat corrupt politicians with excessive taxes, only to drive on potholed roads and have to pay for a "beach tag" just to sit on the damn sand at the beach.

Seriously. No other state makes people pay to sit on the beach. Anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,903,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
LOL, I already said before that I am leaving in a few months. Unless you have family or business ties here, there's no reason to stay in NJ and keep feeding the fat cat corrupt politicians with excessive taxes, only to drive on potholed roads and have to pay for a "beach tag" just to sit on the damn sand at the beach.

Seriously. No other state makes people pay to sit on the beach. Anywhere.

we have never paid a cent to go on the beach at the Jersey shore.. hmm.. In 50 years, not one cent

Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Then you are only going to a handful of beaches... Wildwood and Atlantic City are the two that come to mind... that do not have beach tags. All the other beaches charge during the summer months!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Then you are only going to a handful of beaches... Wildwood and Atlantic City are the two that come to mind... that do not have beach tags. All the other beaches charge during the summer months!
Now you are thinking..

Old 03-02-2012, 10:46 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,883,773 times
As much as it sucks, I'm actually okay with beach cover... there are way too many people here in the summer, and I'm sure it keeps at least some people away. Besides, it's really easy to just not pay when they come around, you just pretend to be sleeping, or you say your friend/girlfriend/other relation is bringing them as we speak. The only beaches I've absolutely had to pay were ones where they sit on the boardwalk entrances to the beach waiting for you.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,030,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
As much as it sucks, I'm actually okay with beach cover... there are way too many people here in the summer, and I'm sure it keeps at least some people away. Besides, it's really easy to just not pay when they come around, you just pretend to be sleeping, or you say your friend/girlfriend/other relation is bringing them as we speak. The only beaches I've absolutely had to pay were ones where they sit on the boardwalk entrances to the beach waiting for you.
Yeah I am becoming less and less impressed with the NJ beaches because of the types of crowds they draw in nowadays, esp since they started that stupid show on TV. And like you said, those fees do not to that well of a job of keeping some people away. I spend a few weekends in the summer down in Assateague, MD now.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Yeah I am becoming less and less impressed with the NJ beaches because of the types of crowds they draw in nowadays, esp since they started that stupid show on TV. And like you said, those fees do not to that well of a job of keeping some people away. I spend a few weekends in the summer down in Assateague, MD now.
The people joining the shore has not changed ONE BIT since that show. What do you think, the new yorkers will all of a sudden flock all the way down south for the beach when they have North Jersey? Hardly. We go every year and NOTHING has changed as far as who goes over the years..

Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,030,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
The people joining the shore has not changed ONE BIT since that show. What do you think, the new yorkers will all of a sudden flock all the way down south for the beach when they have North Jersey? Hardly. We go every year and NOTHING has changed as far as who goes over the years..
I never said that show made it change, I just meant that it is pretty much icing on the cake. It has slowly been declining over the last ten years or so, esp places like Seaside. Don't get me wrong I had a wonderful time in Cape May this past summer, but from where I am that is double the drive. You have everyone in Seaside and that surrounding area screaming "BENNY's go home!" all the time and that is nothing new.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,883,773 times
I can't say I've noticed any change. Maybe slightly more Quebecois than usual but that's about it. Then again, I've never been anywhere north of LBI.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:01 AM

I think you're probably better off at the Delaware beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia