Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,731,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigid68 View Post
Thank you for this info...Dietz and Watson is fine with us.

If anyone can answer if there are office buildings in the area that we could advertise catering to?

Is it realistic to think I can deliver catering trays to businesses in Philly?

Again I really appreciate all the info I have been given...Brigid
Can you deliver to businesses in Philly? Yes, but do you want the hassle?

If you make a delivery in Philly, you should be licensed to operate in PA as well as NJ. This means that you'd be dealing with Trenton & Harrisburg.

Now, if you have customers who work in Philly, you could let them know that you'd be willing to work something out, say meet them at a predetermined location, on the South Jersey side of the Delaware, or have an order ready for them to pick up, first thing in the morning. Also, you want to look on some tourist sites to see where Center City is in relatio to you.

If you seemed to be picking up a following in Philly, then you could contact Harrisburg to see if they would accept NJ inspections of your deli to license you to make deliveries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM

26 posts, read 67,846 times
Wow thank you for that info...I never thought of that and I never thought of that where we are now. I am right on the line that separates DC/Maryland and always make deliveries into Maryland...Ya learn something new everyday....

Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigid68 View Post
Wow thank you for that info...I never thought of that and I never thought of that where we are now. I am right on the line that separates DC/Maryland and always make deliveries into Maryland...Ya learn something new everyday....
You're welcome.

Now, if you made deliveries in Philly using an unmarked vehicle, you might not ever be caught. On the other hand, you don't know.

Florists get around the dual state thing. Say a florist in Philly gets an order to be delivered in Cherry Hill, they make up the order. Say a Florist in Moorestown has an order to be delivered to a hospital in Center City. They make up the order, etc., etc.

At a specific predetermined time each day the delivery vans from the local South Jersey & Philadelphia florists meet at a predetermined location & exchange deliveries that are out of their areas. If the deliveries are interstate, Philadelphia florists makes the deliveries in their areas, & South Jersey florists deliver in their area.

This way, the businesses are not, technically, doing business in both states, even though they are. This would not really work for catering, though.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:13 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,605,725 times
There's probably enough businesses around the area to keep you busy, back behid Wal Mart, along Broad Street out to 73 and out on rt 130. You just would need to do a mailer or something to advertise the fact that you have delivery, and try to get a bunch of fax numbers of businesses to fax specials each day.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 AM

So long as you make a good breakfast sandwich, steak sandwich, and hoagie, that's half the battle.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
So long as you make a good breakfast sandwich, steak sandwich, and hoagie, that's half the battle.
Yeah, & don't call the hoagie a sub.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:38 AM

26 posts, read 67,846 times
It's hard to break old habits, but I will try to remember it's a hoagie...lol

Who says grinder...is that Philly

Old 02-28-2011, 11:55 AM

they sometimes call it a grinder if you bake it in the oven but hoagie = Philly and surrounding area.

Your menu should have a lot of this stuff on it.

http://philadelphia.menupages.com/re...gie-shack/menu

Old 02-28-2011, 12:01 PM

your breakfast sandwiches should include

scrapple, pork roll, bacon, or sausage, along with egg and cheese. either on a bagel or roll

Old 02-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Here's some menus from Riverton. Riverton Menus ? Restaurants in Riverton New Jersey - Findmymenus.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia