Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 06:18 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,968,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Comet - It could use more employment opportunities....other than that I agree
IMHO towns in New Hampshire like Littleton, which in every sense have almost a complete mini sustaining economy will prosper during this century as American will realize that Quality wins over quantity and cheap service and goods!

Furthermore, Littleton is located in one of the most beautiful places on this planet! The White Mountains full of many great Natural Resources the greatest being the people who live there!

I love Littleton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,214,064 times
Talking GREAT THREAD & post! THANK YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
IMHO towns in New Hampshire like Littleton, which in every sense have almost a complete mini sustaining economy will prosper during this century as American will realize that Quality wins over quantity and cheap service and goods!

Furthermore, Littleton is located in one of the most beautiful places on this planet! The White Mountains full of many great Natural Resources the greatest being the people who live there!

I love Littleton!
GREAT POST COMET!!!

NICELY SAID!!!

I AGREE WITH IT ALL!!!LITTLETON IS REALLY NICE!!

And the WHITE MOUNTAINS TAKE MY BREATH AWAY!!!

WOW!!!

Take care everyone!!PEACE!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 12-29-2008 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!CHEERS 2 ALL MY NH FRIENDS!U ALL ROCK!PEACE!:)(HUGS)PEACE,BLESSINGS

Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,480,177 times
Quote:
Are you still using the same original set of tires for all that traveling throughout the 49 states? If so I want to know what brand of tire you have!
LOL No most done by thumb, Rail, and Greyhound.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
LOL No most done by thumb, Rail, and Greyhound.
Your thumb must have truly gotten some work out then!

Actually, when I was a young lad I did my share to hitchhiking and felt very safe and usually would get a ride with no problem. But today?>???????

I would think twice today!

Although I still would feel safe enough in New Hampshire! But certainly not California!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM

141 posts, read 282,830 times
Default Great Hunting & Fishing

Quote:

I love Littleton!
After I showed my husband the hunting opportunities near Littleton he is very set on visiting! I personally cannot wait myself!

How about Lancaster? Is it like Littleton?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
After I showed my husband the hunting opportunities near Littleton he is very set on visiting! I personally cannot wait myself!

How about Lancaster? Is it like Littleton?
Hi Sandbar!!!

I do not know about hunting up near Lancaster, as I only have been around the Littleton and south of Littleton down to the Woodstock area. All of which are fantastic for fishing and hunting! IF your husband is a hunting or fishing enthusiast then he will fall in love with Littleton and the White Mountains!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:34 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,480,177 times
Lancaster is the county seat of COOS, it has excellent hunting and a AWSOME sporting goods store just 1 town away Called Emersons in Groveton.(with an indoor archery range) There are some great stores and one Mcy D's. The school System is great and the town is Great as well. For major shopping Walmart ECT you will have to do Walmart in Littleton or the super walmart in Gorham. both about 20 min away. I would definitely suggest Lancaster. As A Hunter, Hiker, and Resident, with Children.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Thumbs up Lancaster & Littleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Lancaster is the county seat of COOS, it has excellent hunting and a AWSOME sporting goods store just 1 town away Called Emersons in Groveton.(with an indoor archery range) There are some great stores and one Mcy D's. The school System is great and the town is Great as well. For major shopping Walmart ECT you will have to do Walmart in Littleton or the super walmart in Gorham. both about 20 min away. I would definitely suggest Lancaster. As A Hunter, Hiker, and Resident, with Children.
Thanks for that heads up about Lancaster nhyrnut! Truly Northern New Hampshire is one of the best kept secrets in the USA if you ask me! Everything you need is there from good Hunting & Fishing , Fresh Air, Clean Water and low crime!

Both Lancaster and Little qualify for being the best small towns in New Hampshire!!!!!

Besides all that IMHO housing is very affordable up there, as you can get so much more for your money. We just need to have some sort of deterrent to keep all the Mass. taxaholics from moving here!

Old 01-01-2009, 02:47 PM

141 posts, read 282,830 times
Default thank you nhyrnut & Comet!

Quote:
Thanks for that heads up about Lancaster nhyrnut! Truly Northern New Hampshire is one of the best kept secrets in the USA if you ask me! Everything you need is there from good Hunting & Fishing , Fresh Air, Clean Water and low crime!

Both Lancaster and Little qualify for being the best small towns in New Hampshire!!!!!

Besides all that IMHO housing is very affordable up there, as you can get so much more for your money. We just need to have some sort of deterrent to keep all the Mass. taxaholics from moving here!
We are planning a trip to the NH White Mtns on Feb 2ed. I would love to surprise my husband with a guided hunting trip! Any suggestions? Or will we be missing hunting season?

Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,259,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
We are planning a trip to the NH White Mtns on Feb 2ed. I would love to surprise my husband with a guided hunting trip! Any suggestions? Or will we be missing hunting season?
Big game is over for the winter but coyote season opened today.Talk to Chris up at Miller's Guide Service up on Rt16 in Dummer, They have guided coyote hunts. Thats always a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire