Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:10 AM

125 posts, read 149,631 times

Advertisements

Super interesting article here that posts all the NH election results by town. Some surprises i found. I thought Dublin and Alstead were conservative towns (Alstead has the biggest gun shop in the state!) but it turns all they are infected with liberalism.

Check it out, any shocking results for you?

Election results, town by town | New Hampshire

Old 11-22-2016, 10:16 AM

4,572 posts, read 5,689,509 times
I like the New York Times' graphical representation, with popup town data if you hover.

Interesting to see the differences between national and state offices, goes to show that our "Undeclared" voters are, for the most part, actual independents, not just partisans who are sick of getting hit up for donations by the national party.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:12 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,219,097 times
No surprises for me.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:15 PM

161 posts, read 168,308 times
Interesting. I'm surprised that Berlin went blue, even though it wasn't by much. You would think a once prosperous mill town down on its luck would be the type of place that Trump finds appeal. Most of the results were not surprising.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:46 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
Interesting. I'm surprised that Berlin went blue, even though it wasn't by much. You would think a once prosperous mill town down on its luck would be the type of place that Trump finds appeal. Most of the results were not surprising.
People down on their luck usually turn out to be democrats

Old 11-23-2016, 05:41 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,219,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
I think it more than people trapped in the cycle of poverty are democrats. And people unable to find employment in their skilled trades are conservatives.

As someone who is college educated and struggling to stay in the middle class, I've been red for years. I'm tired of guilt-ridden liberals offering handouts to every needy stray in the US and on this planet. I vote with my wallet in mind. And NH needs additional streams of revenue other than just mainly through (my) property taxes.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:38 AM

8 posts, read 4,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think it more than people trapped in the cycle of poverty are democrats. And people unable to find employment in their skilled trades are conservatives.

As someone who is college educated and struggling to stay in the middle class, I've been red for years. I'm tired of guilt-ridden liberals offering handouts to every needy stray in the US and on this planet. I vote with my wallet in mind. And NH needs additional streams of revenue other than just mainly through (my) property taxes.

First, I agree with you about people trapped in poverty...
The only thing you are owed are stated in the Bill of Rights... Otherwise, you are on your own.

Second... property taxes in NH (compared to the identical house, in the same type community), are virtually the same as MA... The houses up there cost a h*ll of a lot less, so pick your poison. Been in both places for decades.
I bailed from MA, to Windham, to Bedford, and now offshore. Property taxes and an influx from MA forced me to move North in NH, but I could never have afforded the same house in MA (10K ft^2 is not a common house). Now where I live, there are NO taxes. Life is good.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
If that were true then why did Franklin go red?

Old 11-23-2016, 11:26 AM

125 posts, read 149,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
If that were true then why did Franklin go red?

Is Franklin really that bad? It's in a nice place where they can travel to either Laconia or Concord for work. Jobs shouldn't be hard to come by. It's not isolated.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow3 View Post
Is Franklin really that bad? It's in a nice place where they can travel to either Laconia or Concord for work. Jobs shouldn't be hard to come by. It's not isolated.
Yeah it is centrally located which is nice. But the town itself is pretty economically depressed and run down. For NH it is pretty bad. I don't know if it's worse than Berlin, though. I'm not familiar with Coos county at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire