Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:24 PM

6,630 posts, read 6,810,969 times

Advertisements

The outskirts of Franklin are fine. The downtown is questionable. There's a heck of a lot of drugs in the Franklin/Tilton/Laconia area. Those towns & that city were always gritty, but were essentially working class places....these day, not so much. Large welfare populations now.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:29 AM

161 posts, read 169,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The outskirts of Franklin are fine. The downtown is questionable. There's a heck of a lot of drugs in the Franklin/Tilton/Laconia area. Those towns & that city were always gritty, but were essentially working class places....these day, not so much. Large welfare populations now.
Welfare is associated with Democratic demographics. Yet Laconia and Franklin went red this year. I don't know about Tilton but it probably did as well.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:43 AM

6,630 posts, read 6,810,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
Welfare is associated with Democratic demographics. Yet Laconia and Franklin went red this year. I don't know about Tilton but it probably did as well.
The Lakes Region has always been a GOP stronghold, even with the continuing problems those towns are facing. Old voting habits die hard.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The Lakes Region has always been a GOP stronghold, even with the continuing problems those towns are facing. Old voting habits die hard.
Indeed. Without the Lakes Region NH would be a solid blue state.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:39 PM

4,602 posts, read 5,727,812 times
Quote:
Indeed. Without the Lakes Region NH would be a solid blue state.
Really?

Old 11-26-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Really?
That doesn't mean anything. If the Lakes Region cities and towns were even only slightly Republican instead of heavily, NH would likely be solid blue instead of a purple state (or light blue, as NH hasn't gone red since 2000). Most blue states have plenty of red areas, but it doesn't mean much if those counties are low population as opposed to the blue.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:10 PM

385 posts, read 348,936 times
Quote:
That doesn't mean anything. If the Lakes Region cities and towns were even only slightly Republican instead of heavily, NH would likely be solid blue instead of a purple state (or light blue, as NH hasn't gone red since 2000). Most blue states have plenty of red areas, but it doesn't mean much if those counties are low population as opposed to the blue.
It seems to be pretty standard throughout the country that the urban areas are blue and everywhere else is red. It makes sense but doesn't seem right those geographically small but dense areas force everyone else to be "blue".

Old 11-26-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb2017 View Post
It seems to be pretty standard throughout the country that the urban areas are blue and everywhere else is red. It makes sense but doesn't seem right those geographically small but dense areas force everyone else to be "blue".
Yes, typically the urban areas are more liberal and the rural more conservative. If that were always true, though, Vermont would be very, very conservative, and we know that's not true.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:49 PM

125 posts, read 150,576 times
Oh please, there's more heroin in keene than Laconia. Dont even start that leftist lie with me implying liberal areas are drug free and conservatives are all strung out.

I don't think an episode of cops has ever been filmed in a Republican run city, ever.

All the third world toilets of this nation are run by liberals. Every. Single. One.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow3 View Post
Oh please, there's more heroin in keene than Laconia. Dont even start that leftist lie with me implying liberal areas are drug free and conservatives are all strung out.

I don't think an episode of cops has ever been filmed in a Republican run city, ever.

All the third world toilets of this nation are run by liberals. Every. Single. One.
... Okay. I'm Not sure who your talking to (didn't reply to anyone) but BraveStranger is the one who commented on how Laconia is a welfare city. We aren't talking about drugs or what city has the most heroin. But since you brought it up, I'm not sure I believe that Keene has more heroin than Laconia. I find it unlikely, but if you have evidence then present it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire