Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:46 PM

125 posts, read 149,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
... Okay. I'm Not sure who your talking to (didn't reply to anyone) but BraveStranger is the one who commented on how Laconia is a welfare city. We aren't talking about drugs or what city has the most heroin. But since you brought it up, I'm not sure I believe that Keene has more heroin than Laconia. I find it unlikely, but if you have evidence then present it.
http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs...WS12/150729481

Keene has had a well known heroin epidemic for the last 3 years. Its no secret.

I see where this thread is going so im just injecting a strong dose of reality before the smug fantasy grows any further.

Liberal cities have always been a beacon of crime, drugs, and welfare throughout this nation and always will. That is what their policies encourage. I would happily live in the beautiful, low crime lakes region over the vast majority of liberal hell holes any day

BTW the lakes reigon is one of the most expensive parts of the state you can live, hardly this welfare state some in this thread are making it out to be.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:44 AM

161 posts, read 168,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow3 View Post
Keene officials seek help with heroin epidemic | New Hampshire

Keene has had a well known heroin epidemic for the last 3 years. Its no secret.

I see where this thread is going so im just injecting a strong dose of reality before the smug fantasy grows any further.

Liberal cities have always been a beacon of crime, drugs, and welfare throughout this nation and always will. That is what their policies encourage. I would happily live in the beautiful, low crime lakes region over the vast majority of liberal hell holes any day

BTW the lakes reigon is one of the most expensive parts of the state you can live, hardly this welfare state some in this thread are making it out to be.
That article doesn't prove that Keene has more heroin than Laconia. It just proves that Keene has a heroin problem as well, which isn't surprising. I don't have a problem with the Lakes Region and I agree that towns like Meredith are very nice and expensive. It's just that Franklin and Laconia are trashy. I don't know if you've been to Keene but it's downtown is pretty active. Laconia's is pretty much dead most of the time.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:24 AM

27 posts, read 23,944 times
Nine of the ten most dependent states on the federal government are red states. 8 of the 10 least dependent states on the federal government are blue states or blue-leaning states:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

The two states with the fastest growing economies in the country are California and Oregon, solid blue states:

States With The Fastest Growing Economies | The Huffington Post

If you want to see hardcore Republican policies in action, move to the state of Kansas. The state's budget is in absolute crisis mode, and it is one of the very few states that is losing jobs:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...-missouri.html

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...121-story.html

Looks at lists of which states are the best educated, have the highest incomes, have the lowest poverty, have the lowest teen pregnancy rates, all are dominated by blue states. Conservatives are good at propaganda and manipulation, Democrats are more concerned with actual results and outcomes.

There are millions of other websites to discuss politics, I didnt think that was the point of this board. I definitely didn't sign up for this board to discuss politics. But I thought it was worth responding to the smug original poster, who looks down on and insults people who aren't conservative Republicans, with some actual facts.

Last edited by JustTryIt; 11-27-2016 at 10:33 AM..

Old 11-27-2016, 11:14 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,545,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTryIt View Post
Nine of the ten most dependent states on the federal government are red states. 8 of the 10 least dependent states on the federal government are blue states or blue-leaning states:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

The two states with the fastest growing economies in the country are California and Oregon, solid blue states:

States With The Fastest Growing Economies | The Huffington Post

If you want to see hardcore Republican policies in action, move to the state of Kansas. The state's budget is in absolute crisis mode, and it is one of the very few states that is losing jobs:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...-missouri.html

Hard times for Kansas and its schools as economic 'experiment' creates gaping budget hole - LA Times

Looks at lists of which states are the best educated, have the highest incomes, have the lowest poverty, have the lowest teen pregnancy rates, all are dominated by blue states. Conservatives are good at propaganda and manipulation, Democrats are more concerned with actual results and outcomes.

There are millions of other websites to discuss politics, I didnt think that was the point of this board. I definitely didn't sign up for this board to discuss politics. But I thought it was worth responding to the smug original poster, who looks down on and insults people who aren't conservative Republicans, with some actual facts.
From the looks of things your suppose info is way out of date, but since we are not discussing politics here I won't go into the details that every state that is suffering economically and socially are blue states.. why ruin a good agenda with teh truth anyway..right?

Old 11-27-2016, 04:10 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
I'm guessing these sources you posted didn't list high municipal debt levels or housing affordability. Location to employment centers has more to do with income and poverty levels than democratic policies. Most large cities in the US run by democrats are in dire financial shape. Not that we are talking about politics.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:34 PM

125 posts, read 149,302 times
"Looks at lists of which states are the best educated, have the highest incomes, have the lowest poverty, have the lowest teen pregnancy rates, all are dominated by blue states. Conservatives are good at propaganda and manipulation, Democrats are more concerned with actual results and outcomes."

This is hillarious. Democrats concerned with results? LOL

Progressive ideals are never result driven, just look at the federal goverment. They pick the loser every time.

And you seem to like facts, here's one for you that Huff Po will never report to its blind followers. California has more bankrupt cities than every other state combined. My wife's entire family dwells in that hellhole. Its a third world toliet where you are more likely to get carjacked or stabbed than find a safe place to live. Even the well to do neighberhoods are under constant seige by the vermin Jerry Brown and his minions have empowered.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:41 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,145,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
From the looks of things your suppose info is way out of date, but since we are not discussing politics here I won't go into the details that every state that is suffering economically and socially are blue states.. why ruin a good agenda with teh truth anyway..right?
Where did you pluck this factoid? The better performers, economically speaking, are generally blue states (NY, WA, CA, MA, CO, MD, NH, etc.) with a minority of red states (TX, UT, GA) cracking the top 20. Whoever is telling you otherwise is surely not an economist ... and probably an out right liar.

It's just ::deep breath:: you're in shooting distance to MA/Boston which has one of the best economies in the nation and is deeply blue. To believe you're statement you have to have 100% conviction that you're reality is the only reality and others reality (once known as the hazy truth) is simply propaganda. You're claiming enlightenment when, in my opinion, you've been fleeced of your ability to objectively think.

I'm honestly curious: What qualifications are you using to determine what states are suffering social and economic decline?

Old 11-28-2016, 05:43 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,731,734 times
Since apparently no one is interested in discussing whether their town is conservative or "infected with liberalism": , I'm closing this.
There is a separate Politics forum where you can fight all you want over politics.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire