Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,961 times

Advertisements

Hello people, could someone please tell me what the overall weather is like in Pahrump? My wife and I moved to Fallon from the Sacramento area in 2005, but the intense cold in the winters here are costing us a fortune to heat our home. I love Nevada, but am NOT a cold weather person. Heat I can deal with. Thanks

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 11:59 PM

18 posts, read 73,283 times
For Pahrump weather averages, www.city-data.com has some good info. Also, you can look up averages for specific date ranges through Trip Planner : Weather Underground (the usual Pahrump zip code is 89048).

After moving here from Ohio, I'd say Pahrump does get colder than I thought it would in the winter - mainly at night in particular, but the summer so far is pretty much what I figured it would be. Dry heat I think is far better than humid heat, and (for me anyways) it means you can basically knock off about 10 degrees of dry heat to translate into what it feels to be in humid heat. Also, even in these latest few 105+ degree high days, I still don't physically sweat as much as I did when it was in the high eighties or low nineties in Ohio. Here, it feels a little more like when you open your oven door after preheating it to 400 degrees... it's hot, but it's not the end of the world. In Ohio, it just flat out felt like you wanted a cold shower immediately after spending as little as 5 minutes outside while standing still.

I hope that maybe helps to paint a halfway decent picture of what the weather is like here, along with the info from the links.

I too am much happier being a bit too hot than a bit too cold. :-)

Lauren

Old 10-02-2009, 02:53 PM

16 posts, read 61,316 times
My wife lived in Tonopah and Pahrump as a girl and Teen. She moved to Las Vegas as soon as she was old enough to leave. Vegas is where I married her. At one time when the kids were small we were living in So California and I talked about moving to Pahrump with it's low crime rate. The wife said that was a bad idea since our kids would murder us in our sleep for dragging them to such a place.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,754 times
hey i have lived in pahrump for the last 15 of my 19 years and i just thought i should mention that theres non of the conventional stuff to do for teens like there is in vegas but if your crafty living out here is ten times better than a city. From walking out at night and seeing coyotes to shooting an assortment of rifles (this town will always have country folk) out back. Basicly you'll love pahrump if you like freedome and the out doors. If your coming from a city you generaly wont like this place because its not conventional but if you leave you will realize what made this town so special.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:24 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,523,794 times
Quote:
The wife said that was a bad idea since our kids would murder us in our sleep for dragging them to such a place
Not if you got them dirt bikes.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphouser View Post
HI Ron, I live in Pahrump, bought here in 93, and finally settled in 04. Bikes are a big thing here, wonderful rides in every direction, lots of bikers here and traveling through here. We even have a bike RV park.... Salaries are bad in Pahrump and it is an hour drive to Vegas, plus cost of fuel. Housing market is terrible right now everything is for sale and you can make some good deals.
In Jan we have our cold month, but usually nothing like Spokane, no snow, perhaps a dusting once in a while, but nothing sticks. Hot in the summer, July and Aug are worse, last summer had a week in excess of 120, but everything is a/c so you can deal with it. Rest of the year is it beautiful except for wind. If you have any other questions let me know.
Hugs Pat
can you tell me if you have to take a driving test ect.when you move there?how much to reg you cars and trucks a year? thank you for any help,from tex.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,040,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm6698 View Post
can you tell me
Nevada DMV . . New Resident Guide

VERY puzzling . . how you figured out how to register for this forum, but not Google the DMV???

Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Nevada DMV . . New Resident Guide

VERY puzzling . . how you figured out how to register for this forum, but not Google the DMV???
It IS a puzzlement

Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
I really enjoyed reading this thread: about 15 years ago we came within a hair of buying a lot and building there. Then we did some real checking and leaned the medical facilities were really lacking for starters. It appeared many other facilties were not available unless one wanted the hours drive back to Vegas and yet, reading this, it appears most people love living there. Oh well, it is too late for us now. We are totally retired, settled in NWA and love our area, plus we are closer to family. Had we decided to retire in NV we would have no one near.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,938 times
Default Chinga: why so defensive?

I have to say that the posts about Pahrump are truly comical. Chinga, you seem to be very defensive about the town. It's terrific that you love your life there but don't dump on those who have different opinions or experiences and write about them....that's the reason a forum exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada