Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:27 PM

24 posts, read 102,471 times

Advertisements

Hi There
Can anybody help? We are thinking of moving to Pahrump from Las Vegas.
We have vacationed in Vegas for 9 years & moved here 1.5 years ago. Its totally different living here! We would like somewhere safe where you can walk about freely & enjoy the outdoors without being hassled and be able to go to the store on your own without been frightened for your safety! Is Pahrump safe? We are mother & daughter and need to feel safe.
We are also looking for a sense of community.
Also does anybody know of any furnished rentals in Pahrump?
Thank you in advance
Charlee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,710,863 times
I know someone who lived in Pahrump all his life and he says that he never had to lock their doors at night. There is crime, but is fairly lower than metro vegas. This is considered a rural county (Nye), and brothels are legal BTW.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:32 AM

43 posts, read 293,313 times
Pahrump is a lot like Mayer Arizona - lots of red-necks, low life drug users and worse. Don't go past the Walmart as the town gets seedier as you do. Guess you can tell I'm not a fan of Pahrump - reminds me too much of the place I left (for all the above reasons) in Arizona so it only stands to reason I wouldn't want anything to do with it.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 AM

713 posts, read 2,716,955 times
are u not reading the op? she said she wants to move from las vegas to pahrump...as if vegas doesnt have it's share of rednecks, low life drug users and worse? one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 AM

Thanks guys but Las Vegas has everything you want to get away from!! We love Nevada for some reason & Pahrump seems to be our best and most affordable option. Brothels are NOT an issue we are very open minded, you have to be having lived in Vegas "LOL".

If anyone else has any general info & advice it would be gratefully received.
Thanks Charlee x

Old 08-27-2007, 08:38 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,492,235 times
Pahrump better than Vegas concerning safety. Even olecapt can back that up with stats.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:02 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Pahrump better than Vegas concerning safety. Even olecapt can back that up with stats.

Pahrump is better than the bad areas of Vegas. Pahrump is worse than the better areas of Las Vegas.

It is practically impossible to find crime numbers on Pahrump as it is an unincorporated town in the County of Nye. Civic affairs in Nye County bear a significant resemblance to those in the famed Kingdom of Oz. It is unlikely that you would get accurate crime numbers from the Nye County Sheriff. The Sex Predator list however gives you a view that it ain't Mayberry.

The population is however relatively spread out thus keeping the high density crimes such as burglary under control.

Pahrump is a nice place if you can deal with a little redneck and rural.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:09 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
A little redneck is good now and then

AND, there is also Heidi Fliess's laundry place to do your "wash"

Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Thanks Greatday I'm gonna need somewhere to do my washing if I can't find a decent rental!!!!!!!!
Any news on furnished rentals in Parhump guys?

I can deal with a little red neck mentality! Is there a sense of community in Pahrump? Are people friendly?

Old 08-27-2007, 11:40 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlee View Post
Thanks Greatday I'm gonna need somewhere to do my washing if I can't find a decent rental!!!!!!!!
Any news on furnished rentals in Parhump guys?

I can deal with a little red neck mentality! Is there a sense of community in Pahrump? Are people friendly?
Well in one way Pahrump is very set against "community". They have been declining to incorporate for many years. This is so they don't have a municipal government which could establish zoning and other minicipal laws. There are now planning requirements as the Town and Nye County try to outwit the resistance to a municipality.

Pahrump is friendly though it tends to be a MYOB place. If you need help though everybody will come a'running...

I suspect the only way to find a furnished place in Pahrump is to move there and ask around. It is not the sort of place where an organized list would exist. You can try on Craig's but I would not hold out a lot of hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada