Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 6,443 times

Advertisements

People are saying Murfreesboro and Franklin, and these are good places to live, especially Franklin, but Murfreesboro is growing way to fast and illegals are beginning to move in and bring down some of the neighborhoods.

I was born and raised in the Nashville area, and the best area for your money is Mt. Juliet Tennessee. It has beautiful homes on huge lots from $250,000 to million or more dollars. Depending on what you want to spend. It's close to two lakes Percy Priest and Old Hickory.

Mt. Juliet is still a country suburb, but just got a new mall which is attracting builders. It's Southeast of Nashville in Wilson county. If you want to move to a place that's not over crowded like Murfreesboro or Franklin, then it's Mt. Juliet. The drive in thru the interstate to Nashville can get busy but mainly when you get to the city. But at least you won't have the drive to Nashville from Franklin and Murfreesboro, where you go thru Mexico City with illegals hanging out on Nolensville Road & Murfreesboro Road trashing the city. There are very few illegals in Mt. Juliet, because it's trully a country suburb. Murfreesboro is a college town which use to be so beautiful and historic, but now it's way over grown and bleeding with illegals and Franklin is crowded as well.

Mt. Juliet is the place to live in peace and beauty. Start here City of Mt. Juliet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 12:58 PM

15 posts, read 55,412 times
MaryLynn,

Look into the Williamson County side of Spring Hill. You get great schools and a country setting. There is currently,NO CITY PROPERTY TAX in Spring Hill. (you only pay a county tax) You get more home for your money. I love it here. I moved here from expensive and crowded New Jersey.

If you need more info on the area please let me know.

Tamar

Old 08-28-2007, 02:13 PM

13,358 posts, read 40,010,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsonTnHomesDOTcom View Post
MaryLynn,

Look into the Williamson County side of Spring Hill. You get great schools and a country setting. There is currently,NO CITY PROPERTY TAX in Spring Hill. (you only pay a county tax) You get more home for your money. I love it here. I moved here from expensive and crowded New Jersey.

If you need more info on the area please let me know.

Tamar
Hmmm, a real estate agent in Spring Hill is encouraging people to move to Spring Hill. I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:17 PM

5 posts, read 78,847 times
I am also looking in the Nashville area, and have been for about a year. We presently live in Memphis, and housing is much higher in and around Nashville. We have not found anything comparable to what we have now in a good neighborhood. We have also looked at land, and it is extremely expensive in Williamson County. Our daughter lives in Spring Hill (Maury County), so we are up there often. I am also a teacher, and the salary is about $8000.00 less a year in Williamson County as opposed to Shelby County where we live.l The taxes may be lower, but the cost of living and pay has not seemed to help with any savings. It is beautiful in the area, and I am planning on moving asap, but I haven't found what I consider to be a good price for a house, yet. I have 3500 sq. ft. now in a great neighborhood with great schools. The house would sell for about 220,000.00 right now. Anything comparable in the Williamson County area is over $300,000. Good Luck!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Hmmm, a real estate agent in Spring Hill is encouraging people to move to Spring Hill. I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Salt or Pepper, It doesn't matter.

I became a real estate agent here because I had such a hard experience finding someone who was customer focused to help me when I moved. I live in Spring Hill and LOVE IT!!!! My daughter loves her school. My husband works for the city as a firefighter and Loves it.( oh sorry, Now I'm Sugar coating it.)

So if I recommend Williamson County, and Spring Hill and I was willing to Plunk down my own hard earned money to Live here. You shouldn't need too much salt.

I could see if I was on here posting about every city someone wanted to ask about and saying Great things about every city, then you might need some salt. Hmmmm.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 PM

13,358 posts, read 40,010,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsonTnHomesDOTcom View Post

Salt or Pepper, It doesn't matter.

I became a real estate agent here because I had such a hard experience finding someone who was customer focused to help me when I moved. I live in Spring Hill and LOVE IT!!!! My daughter loves her school. My husband works for the city as a firefighter and Loves it.( oh sorry, Now I'm Sugar coating it.)

So if I recommend Williamson County, and Spring Hill and I was willing to Plunk down my own hard earned money to Live here. You shouldn't need too much salt.

I could see if I was on here posting about every city someone wanted to ask about and saying Great things about every city, then you might need some salt. Hmmmm.
From the Terms of Service:

"Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts."

Just like I would take with a grain of salt a Chevrolet dealer telling me that Chevrolet is the car I need to buy, I am very wary of a realtor posting messages that would ultimately bring him/her some business. And so were the people who created this forum, apparently.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
From the Terms of Service:

"Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts."

Just like I would take with a grain of salt a Chevrolet dealer telling me that Chevrolet is the car I need to buy, I am very wary of a realtor posting messages that would ultimately bring him/her some business. And so were the people who created this forum, apparently.
I guess thats why there is a catagory to show I'm an agent. Hmmmm?

Not to argue with you, but the Chevy analogy if off a bit.

If all I could sell was Chevy then you would have a point.

I can sell all over middle TN not just in Spring Hill. Also the higher the homes price the more an agent makes. so if I am only after the money and not interested in customers finding a great place to live, why am I praising Spring Hill where the median home price is about 250k. When I could be praising Brentwood and Franklin where the median home price is much higher? Hmmm.

Finally, I think I read in the rules here that you are not supposed to make negative remarks about other posters on the forum.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Location: Orlando, Florida but moving to White House, TN soon
33 posts, read 110,829 times
MaryLynn,

I am moving to TN also from Florida. I can't wait to get out of Florida. It has gotten so bad. The crime is crazy and there are over 18 million people living in Florida compared to TN where there is only 8 million. I have heard nothing but great things about TN and I hear that White House is the family town. That is where you should raise your kids. I have researched it and found also to be a nice small town with good schools. If you want more information I can send you the websites on it. I also got some information in the mail from the Chamber of Commerce.

Kimberly

Old 09-01-2007, 10:50 AM

29 posts, read 136,270 times
The property tax in TN is not much lower than GA and FL. The sales tax is thru the roof. The schools are on the lower end of the list for educations and the people are backwards as I've ever seen. If you are not born here then you are treated like an "outsider" and from what we hear, it doesn't get any better. There are other places to move where it is not as expensive and you are treated MUCH better!!! Franklin area IS expensive to live so you are not gaining a whole lot by moving from FL here!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:18 AM

3 posts, read 11,036 times
Default moving from fl too

Hi we are also from fl. .south florida and thinking about moving to tennessee next summer.. we have a kindergarten and 2nd grader.. my husband will be working in lavernge.. i too would love to know the best schools and family friendly neighborhoods.. thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville