Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:29 PM

225 posts, read 1,144,030 times

Advertisements

Hi Marylynn,

Murfreesboro is growing on all sides so you will find new homes and various prices ranges all across the city. Historically, the north side of town has been the more expensive portion of Murfreesboro and is where you will find the Seigel schools. The Blackman community, and highly requested Blackman schools, are found in the west side of town. This is also where the new exit off of I24 is located and where the new mall called The Avenue is being constructed. Marymont Springs is currently being developed which will be 1,670 homes starting at $350,000 to over 1 million in price. This is also west, but headed more toward the south west portion right off of Hwy. 96. This location is popular because it makes easy access to Franklin via Hwy 96.

I think you will find the housing values very similar between Murfreesboro and Hendersonville. You will get a lot more square footage and extra bells and whistles on homes built in these areas compared to Brentwood or Franklin. Hendersonville and Murfreesboro are very different so you will probably want to spend a little time in each area and see which seems to fit your family best. Murfreesboro is a city with its own identity outside of Nashville. Hendersonville has a lot of amenities and activies to offer, but it is still a suburb of Nashville. Hendersonville is a little closer to Nashville than M'boro, but the commute from either location can be long and rough during rush hour. On weekends, I can easily make it into Nashville from M'boro in about a half hour. If you travel a lot, M'boro is much closer to the airport. M'boro and Hendersonville both offer magnet schools, which is something Brentwood and Franklin do not have.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to send me a PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 10:09 PM

8 posts, read 30,365 times
Thanks for the info. This is the info I was looking for.

Thank you very much.
MaryLynn

Old 07-31-2007, 01:56 PM

9 posts, read 28,603 times
Make the move! You will be soooooo glad you did. My husband and I did 6 months ago from Ft Myers, Florida and it was the best thing we could have done!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:31 PM

111 posts, read 598,921 times
All the Florida papers send folks ads about the Cumberland Plateau area! I'd move to Hendersonville, Tn. in a minute if we could sell our house! The BEST schools and affordable housing. I lived in Tennessee 15 years ago and wouldn't live anywhere far away from a lake!

Old 08-01-2007, 10:16 PM

14 posts, read 53,141 times
Keep in mind TN is ranked in the top 3-4 for lowest taxes in the nation. Your property is taxed at roughly 1/4 the value, no state income tax, and 9.5%+/- sales tax (only taxed if spend - you gotta love it). You can't beat TN. I have moved around and keep coming back due to the low cost / high quality living. Good luck.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
kar

179 posts, read 754,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiW View Post
Make the move! You will be soooooo glad you did. My husband and I did 6 months ago from Ft Myers, Florida and it was the best thing we could have done!
We also moved from Fort Myers, Florida and love it here!

Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 AM

15 posts, read 60,105 times
We moved to Franklin two years ago from FL. We love it here! The people are really friendly, the churches are great, and there's tons of free community things to do. While housing right in Franklin can be expensive, there are still good buys to be found. The schools are good, with lots of involved parents. We would never live in FL again! As far as snobbish people-- you can find those anywhere. The people I have found for friends volunteer at missions serving the homeless, preschools for underprivileged kids, give time every week to Graceworks Ministries to feed the hungry, etc. Being in a good, active church has helped find these people, but they all live in our area. Good luck with your search!

Last edited by Lirving1; 08-06-2007 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: didn't read clearly

Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Location: I live part time in middle TN and on Navarre Beach, FL
1 posts, read 2,714 times
You also might look into the Cookeville area. The schools are great, there is a University, it is in Putnam County, home of beautiful Center Hill Lake. Real estate is good, property taxes are exptremely low and the people are wonderful. It is a growing community. I live near Cookeville part time and in the FL Panhandle part time! Happy hunting! gulfcoastbum

Old 08-24-2007, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 11,094 times
Hello. Thought I would get in on this conversation. We relocated from IL a few months ago to Murfreesboro. We love it here. So much cheaper. The house we bought here, in Evergreen Farms, would have been at least double in IL. We are happy with the schools so far but would like more information on the magnet schools. My middle daughter is very advanced. Murfreesboro has everything. Shopping, dining, parks, recreations, YMCA, everything. Its great. I work in Brentwood, found the pay a bit better over there. Don't mind the drive, especially since don't have to worry about that 4-6 feet of snow I am used too. It is a great area and growing. Verizon is getting ready to build another corp headquarters in Franklin, more jobs.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 13,148 times
MaryLynn:

Hendersonville is a nice area, close to Nashville, in Sumner County. Great schools in that area. My wife has taught at Beech Elementary near Hendersonville for many years.

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 08-28-2007 at 07:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville