Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2009, 08:29 PM

16 posts, read 40,745 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am new here.

I live in Bellevue, and none of my friends live in this area, so the only other people besides me (that I know) who have seen them are my parents, who live in West Meade.

The flock is pretty big, one big male leading them, and the others kind of hang out.... Pretty cool though, they live along Highway 70 S in the big farm, undeveloped area on your way into West Meade. Kind of near Hillmeade......and that weird little house.

There used to be a family of foxes that lived on Hicks Road near the back entrance of the Iroquois, but someone hit one of them (I know because I saw the mate guarding it's dead body when I drove home that night), and the mate I guess ran off because I have not seen it since.

I love suburban wildlife, I just hope everyone slows down and remembers to be observant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,238,357 times
I have seen a number of wild animals near the top of Nine Mile Hill. I always guessed that is was because he was one of the few places animals could cross Highway 70S along that stretch of road. Further towards downtown, it's either too steep, or there's too many houses, and towards Bellevue it's fenced. There used to be a deer crossing sign not too far from there (about where the Alzheimer's home is located now), but I can't remember whether it's still there or not.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Nice to see another Bellevue resident on board; there's two or three others from Bellevue who post here.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM

11,656 posts, read 12,740,635 times
I've seen those wild turkeys too in Bellevue. I saw another flock in that area with some deer grazing alongside. I've also seen wild turkeys in Hermitage. They also seem to hang out on the Natchez Trace Parkway.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,238,357 times
Out in the country, wild turkeys and deer are booming. At my mother's house in Montgomery County (before she moved in January) we couldn't hardly go out into the back yard without seeing either turkeys or deer. We had 55 acres of mostly woods and undeveloped land; it was like having our own nature preserve.

And on one drive back from Clarksville to Nashville on Highway 12, I saw more of one turkey than I ever wanted to see . . . as the thing nearly flew into my windshield (I was doing 65 or 70 at the time; missed the turkey by literally a few feet). Gee, does a turkey look big when it's about to hit your face at 70 mph.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:48 AM

20 posts, read 99,829 times
Lala, I second that...I hope that people slow down to respect the wildlife (and any stray animals or pets that may have gotten loose). I am heartbroken whenever I see a dead animal in the road no matter what kind of animal it is. I love animals soo much!

I saw some wild turkeys last winter off of Old Hickory Blvd on the way into Brentwood when you leave Bellevue. They were getting ready to cross the street from the golf course there.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:40 PM

16 posts, read 40,745 times
Thanks guys!

It's kinda cool to talk to people from my hometown, that I don't already know!

Bellevue is an interesting little city, there are a few houses right before you reach the Old Hickory/Hwy 70 S intersection, on the TJ Maxx side, that look very crooked and scary lmao!

They have definitely seen better days. Then again so has Bellevue. Ive noticed lately that the Psychic Lady that had that giant sign in her front yard must have moved or gone into retirement. A shame, because I always meant to go to her for fun one day lol. Now that Bellevue Mall is officially shut down the little carnival is gone too .

Saw the turkeys yesterday, they were lookin good lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville