Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:18 PM

100 posts, read 352,501 times

Advertisements

In the FAQ's Bible Park USA :: FAQs on the Bible Park USA website the only park they say they have prior experience with is the Hard Rock in Myrtle Beach that is due to open this spring. Looking at the website for that park it does not seem like the two places would be run by the same people.

Hard Rock Park

They developers said that they looked at a piece of land by the speedway. Personally, I think something like the hardrock park out by the speedway would be a better option for Music City. We would have an amusement park, it would be out where there is not a lot of traffic already, easy access off 840. What's the problem?

I am a christian and I just think that Bible Park sounds like it does not give the proper respect. I am all for learning more about the bible in a fun setting--especially for kids and people who do not know alot about it. I am just not sure if that is the right way to do it. Vacation Bible school is great and I think that is the atmosphere they are trying to pull off but...

Last edited by hulalula; 02-21-2008 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: Added something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 04:25 PM

9 posts, read 84,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulalula View Post
I think that the Nashville area does need some type of amusement park.
I agree with you there. The key word being "amusement" though.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,457,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulalula
I just think that Bible Park sounds like it does not give the proper respect.
What about Veggietales? Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber might have a different view of "proper respect"

Old 02-22-2008, 04:45 PM

100 posts, read 352,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
What about Veggietales? Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber might have a different view of "proper respect"
Touche'! That is why I am still wishy washy on my opinion. I guess it will all be in the presentation. It could be tasteful or completly tacky. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I still wish they would put something with some great roller coasters near by!!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:13 PM

21 posts, read 81,656 times
I guess this "bible park" is a new thing. I lived there for a year in 2000. I LOVED the cason lane area. It was a nice quaint town yet close enough to Nashville for big city trips. I moved there because my husband went to a school in Bell Buckle. He missed those small towns so I tried it out. Now In Tampa, Fl and am starting to miss it.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:14 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,985,864 times
You should see the Cason Lane area now.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,751 times
Don't expect to be able to walk anywhere in Murfreesboro. Most everything is about a 15 minute drive, and that's if you don't have to go all the way across town.

Crime is not pervasive here. What you should look for would be college students who are under age drinkers or drunk drivers. Although crime is on the rise, the rate increase is eclipsed strongly by population increase.

Much of the area is populated with college-educated people, being home to the largest undergraduate university in the state. Also, much of the population moved here from somewhere else for a job or to raise their kids.

It is politically conservative- Republican state reps, voted Bush 04/00.

Plenty of churches, that's for sure. Ft. God everywhere. Franklin still takes the cake as being the most religious area in Middle TN.

There aren't many shaded sidewalks except in the E. Main St. area, which is also the historic home "district". I scare quote district because it's not that big. You have to keep in mind, ~75% of Murfreesboro is less than 15 years old, meaning most of the trees are either newly planted or recently dozed, but if you look hard enough, you can find it. This area is near the low income district, too, and would be the only place where you could conceivably walk from home to anywhere within reason.

For shady tree region, you should look towards southwest Nashville, like Hilsboro, Bellemeade, or Brentwood. However, these areas are much more expensive to live in. But if you're from SF, it's still cheaper.

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited by brooksb; 03-11-2008 at 06:20 PM..

Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM

156 posts, read 451,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
You should see the Cason Lane area now.
Yet I LOVE the Cason Lane area! It reminds me so much of the areas of Long Island (minus the Sonic and Dairy Queen). I could compare the changes though to an area I grew up in that has changed in a massive way over the course of a few years.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:22 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,985,864 times
Hey, if you like it more power to 'ya!

Personally, I think it's an ill planned part of town that's much too congested. Then again, forum member UNT_Eagle likes it over there and he lives there, I just drive through it to go to the movie theater.

I could be wrong on this, but I think the sales prices of existing homes in that area are dropping below that of the rest of the city. If any realtor here has any additional info on that I'd like to know.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 PM

252 posts, read 391,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Yeah! And if you go to Europe keep in mind there's a lot of cathedrals. Just a warning.

;-)
Those dang Cathedrals all look alike!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville