Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:10 PM

171 posts, read 233,482 times

Advertisements

Are there any areas to avoid in Hermitage? When I looking at Zillow, it seems that there are a large number of foreclosed homes. My family will be coming into town this weekend for our 1st visit to Nashville and just need to get acquainted with the area, in case my husband's job offer comes through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 12:12 PM

6 posts, read 12,254 times
Dont know about the foreclosure situation. We have lived in a rented apartment in Hermitage for 3 years now. As far as safety goes, have had no issues in hermitage.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:19 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,086,310 times
The area near the Old Hickory Blvd./Lebanon Road intersection could be better. If you ask anyone about "The Bonnas", some of them will probably tell you to avoid that area. It's in that vicinity. I'd probably stay away from a mile radius or so of that intersection. But that doesn't mean A.) it's some horrible area or B.) Hermitage isn't largely safe, because it is.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:45 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,746,092 times
I've got a friend that lives in the Bonnas.

The only complaint he's had is some of the flooding issues 5 yrs ago. He's never talked about any safety concerns.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:50 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,477,083 times
I was going to say to be aware of the negative opinion Bonnas, but I've got a family member who lives there and has never had any issues for 2 decades. They can just be a bit hit and miss.

I think Hermitage is an undervalued area for someone who's looking to live in Davidson County. I think there's some good value there. It's proximity to the airport, to shopping in Mt Juliet, access to commuter rail all make it very attractive. The schools would make me pause, but I think even the schools are fairly decent...seems like I remember that Andrew Jackson Elementary got some very positive recognition a few years ago...

Old 07-01-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post

I think Hermitage is an undervalued area for someone who's looking to live in Davidson County. I think there's some good value there. It's proximity to the airport, to shopping in Mt Juliet, access to commuter rail all make it very attractive. The schools would make me pause, but I think even the schools are fairly decent...seems like I remember that Andrew Jackson Elementary got some very positive recognition a few years ago...
Agree with this. I like Hermitage a lot. I'm not an expert on schools but I've heard Andrew Jackson Elementary get good reviews also, and even at the high school level I believe McGavock to be better than most Metro public high schools.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:45 PM

456 posts, read 587,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Agree with this. I like Hermitage a lot. I'm not an expert on schools but I've heard Andrew Jackson Elementary get good reviews also, and even at the high school level I believe McGavock to be better than most Metro public high schools.
Agree, McGavock is one of the best kept secrets in the metro school system.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:57 PM

3,056 posts, read 3,326,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The area near the Old Hickory Blvd./Lebanon Road intersection could be better. If you ask anyone about "The Bonnas", some of them will probably tell you to avoid that area. It's in that vicinity. I'd probably stay away from a mile radius or so of that intersection. But that doesn't mean A.) it's some horrible area or B.) Hermitage isn't largely safe, because it is.

The Hobby Lobby & Big Lots stores there are fine for what they sell. You can go one direction to Wal Mart & another direction to Target, Kohl's etc. There is some turnover with new retail development on both Lebanon & Old Hickory.

The Lebanon bus seems to offer frequent service + make stops at the Music City Star Park & Ride lot in Donelson. You may also have access to the Opry Mills bus route. The Friday MCS train schedule could allow you to have some fun downtown & be home.

Don't know what you may be getting into with the foreclosure situation. May just need some upgrades & remodeling to make homes worth living in again.

It ain't Brentwood or Franklin.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:37 PM

At the company I work at there are several big time "higher ups" living in Hermitage. And there are employees living from Ashland City to Watertown. Spring Hill to White House. That in itself shows Hermitage is fine.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:26 PM

456 posts, read 587,447 times
Yep. Hermitage has plenty of nice homes. Especially once you get closer to Wilson County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville