Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:42 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,342,601 times

Advertisements

The Loveless has kind of jumped the shark, too. But I would vote it over the Pancake Pantry. Nothing against the PP, but the lines aren't worth it IMO...and parking can be an issue at times. For Hillsboro Village, I'd go to Fido before PP, because I can be finished eating at Fido by the time I could get my food at PP.

I did enjoy my pulled pork & eggs at the Loveless last time I went. Did not enjoy the grits.

I'm also a fan of Athens. Great little restaurant. There's a good reason it was featured on DD&D. Sometimes crowded, but I've never had a ridiculous wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 PM

49 posts, read 86,050 times
If you really want down home breakfast food, go to Madison Family Restaurant on Gallatin Rd in Madison across from Kroger. It is definitely not 'hip' or 'trendy' but it has really good food.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,790,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat02 View Post
Let us know where you ended up and your thoughts. If you go to Pancake Pantry and enjoy fancy espresso drinks head a few doors down to Hot & Cold and ask for the "local latte" - it's not on the menu but they'll know what you're talking about. It's a latte with vanilla, local honey and cinnamon. Pretty amazing if I do say so myself.
We're leaning more toward Loveless (although the sweet potato pancakes keep popping up). We're going to be there early on a Wednesday morning so hopefully lines won't be too much of a problem. And I'm a black coffee kinda guy, not a fancy latte

Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 AM

369 posts, read 943,006 times
beacon light tea room?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:43 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,637,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's why a place like Jay's, and even Athens, still feels like "home." There's no 90-minute wait or table full of tourists next door wanting to know what red-eye gravy is.
Oh, I understand that! I have gone to PP, seen the line, then kept on going . Even when we line up, one of us usually crosses the street for Provence coffee Vandy students clued us into that trick our first year here.

We will always be Athens fans. Nothing better than a good show at Douglas Corner then a late night breakfast down the street.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,095,151 times
To the OP . . . we don't have "diners" down here. New England, New Jersey, even in PA . . but not here. I think that's why a couple of us said Noshville as it's as close as you'll get to diner food.

As far as BEST food . . that's a little different than best place to stop in Nashville if you are just passing through. I didn't really think the Pancake Pantry was anything special and it has sort of a Bavarian vibe? I mean, if you want a Southern feel, then I'd pick the Loveless. Yes, it's a bit touristy BUT the biscuits are still good and the food has always been filling and hot and quick. It's fun to go through that hall to the bathrooms and see into the kitchen. The neon sign is great for photos, and the gift shop is fun to pass time in if there is a line.

There's best taste of course, but then here's atmosphere. I think Pucketts, Meridees, Loveless - they all have that Southern down home 'thing'. I always take out of town visitors to one of the three.

Weekends are bad at Loveless but I think during the week you'd be OK . . . .

Old 05-28-2013, 09:04 AM

49 posts, read 86,050 times
Oh and Nashville Biscuit House in Inglewood is good if you want the Southern vibe. The food is just OK though.

And yeah, this is the South man! No diners...

Old 05-28-2013, 10:47 AM

I lived for a while in Sevierville outside Knoxville, and we had a few small diners in Pigeon Forge, but I suppose that was geared more for the tourists than the locals. Thanks everyone for the great advice! See ya in a week!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM

3,056 posts, read 3,326,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I lived for a while in Sevierville outside Knoxville, and we had a few small diners in Pigeon Forge, but I suppose that was geared more for the tourists than the locals. Thanks everyone for the great advice! See ya in a week!
Not far from the Loveless is the Bon Aqua TN home of Diamond Gusset Jeans

Diamond Gusset LLC : About Us : Diamond Gusset American-Made Jeans

American made, they have your size. Best jeans you can find anywhere.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Not far from the Loveless is the Bon Aqua TN home of Diamond Gusset Jeans

Diamond Gusset LLC : About Us : Diamond Gusset American-Made Jeans

American made, they have your size. Best jeans you can find anywhere.
I'm guessing I'd need a rather large glass of milk to wash them down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville