Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 AM

274 posts, read 998,140 times

Advertisements

I know most places along Nolensville Rd are single family homes and townhomes. I've found some areas in the general Lenox Village area which are very beautiful along with its surroundings (ie. eateries, grocery stores, small coffee joints, etc). However, just driving literally 2-3 miles between different complexes, I've noticed that the zip code changes although everything is still in Davidson County - I've seen Brentwood's 37027, then a Cane Ridge 37013, then a Nashville 37211 zip code as you drive north on Nolensville Rd.

I know that has to do with the zoning but does anyone know how much this affects resale values of the homes? I know everyone wants a Brentwood zip code and I'm not sure what Cane Ridge entails, but from what I've read on this forum, it's basically Antioch...?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,408 times
Nolensville Road south of Burkitt Road is in Williamson County. North of Burkitt Road is in Davidson County and that's probably what is throwing you off. The zip code isn't as important as the actual LOCATION.

I've heard some good things about Lenox Village although a common complaint is thin walls. All of Antioch gets a bad rap when some parts of it are fine. But it takes a long time for reputations to reach the collective conscience.

The resale value also has to do with schools, and Williamson County has a better reputation for their school system.

I know the double Brentwood (Brentwood Williamson and Brentwood Davidson) is confusing.

Hope this helps. You might try searching for Lenox Village in the archived threads, there's probably a lot about it on this board.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:46 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Does zip code really have that much to do with resale? I mean, around here the county boundaries are the thing, and that's mostly because of property taxes and school zones.

Zip codes don't dictate school zones. So what you are left with is a zip code that is only determined by the location of the post office. The "Brentwood" post office is not even in Brentwood. None of Brentwood is located in Davidson County. The "Brentwood" you see on signs east of I-65 and north of OHB is just an area of Nashville called Brentwood. It's the same thing with Cane Ridge. There is no "City of Cane Ridge." It's just what that area is called.

I don't think the 37027 zip extends all the way to Nolensville Rd. anyway until you actually are in Wmsn County.

Antioch's reputation really has suffered from the crime that is focused in one particular area. Not all of Antioch is bad, of course. But still, some want to stop calling the area Antioch and just call it Nashville.

Some seek name change for Antioch - WSMV Channel 4

That Lenox Village area is nice. I honestly don't think the zip codes are anything to worry about.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:48 AM

The Tennessean just published their Toast of the Town lists and Lenox Village was the #1 apartment complex. Although isn't it condos, too?

Old 08-26-2012, 05:55 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,024,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Does zip code really have that much to do with resale? I mean, around here the county boundaries are the thing, and that's mostly because of property taxes and school zones.

Zip codes don't dictate school zones. So what you are left with is a zip code that is only determined by the location of the post office. The "Brentwood" post office is not even in Brentwood. None of Brentwood is located in Davidson County. The "Brentwood" you see on signs east of I-65 and north of OHB is just an area of Nashville called Brentwood. It's the same thing with Cane Ridge. There is no "City of Cane Ridge." It's just what that area is called.

I don't think the 37027 zip extends all the way to Nolensville Rd. anyway until you actually are in Wmsn County.

Antioch's reputation really has suffered from the crime that is focused in one particular area. Not all of Antioch is bad, of course. But still, some want to stop calling the area Antioch and just call it Nashville.

Some seek name change for Antioch - WSMV Channel 4

That Lenox Village area is nice. I honestly don't think the zip codes are anything to worry about.
I live behind Kroger at the intersection of Nolensville Rd and Concord Rd and my zip code is 37027 and I live in Davidson county

Old 08-26-2012, 06:06 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nALgirl View Post
I live behind Kroger at the intersection of Nolensville Rd and Concord Rd and my zip code is 37027 and I live in Davidson county
Weird.

Somebody forgot to tell the people who made this map:

ZIP Codes in Nashville, TN

Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM

222 posts, read 638,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Weird.

Somebody forgot to tell the people who made this map:

ZIP Codes in Nashville, TN
I live in the neighborhood next to that one, and it's 37027 also. To the original poster, I wouldn't worry about the zipcodes. I actually wish ours was just a regular Nashville zipcode. The school zones vary in the area though I think all of Lenox is zoned for Shayne, Oliver MS, and Overton HS. I'm not positive about that.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,929 times
Autumn Oaks is in Davidson County, east of Nolensville Road, and has a 37027 zip.

Lenox Village has single family homes, condos, and apartments. The houses range up to 3,000 square feet. There are lots of little parks and green space areas spread out throughout. The more I visit over there, the more I like it. It has a couple of good locally owned restaurants, a neighborhoos bar, local bookstore, several places to workout. There are always lots of people out walking dogs, jogging, playing at the park with children.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 PM

274 posts, read 998,140 times
Thanks for the input, everyone. I just think with regards to zip code, even the slightest association of a "bad" zip with where you live can cause resale issues. I agree that Antioch isn't all bad, but unfortunately the vast majority of people associate that 37013 zip code as a bad area even though the Cane Ridge area is far from those parts.

On a side note, I've been doing a bit of research with regards to different homebuilder companies particularly Regent Homes and Centex (Pulte) Homes. I'm concerned with build quality especially when I'm about to purchase my first townhome. I've googled online about these two and just like going to apartmentratings.com's website, I've seen my fair share of extremes and complaints about build quality - some who were very happy with their home purchase and on the flip side, many home issues/repair needed to happen less than a year after home purchase. I know I can't solely base my decision on what I find on the web, but I've already read some comments when I searched in this forum and was wondering if anyone can provide additional information and insight.

I've read more negative comments regarding build quality against Centex than Regent, but they're not necessarily specific not Nashville and mostly these complaints were from homeowners in SC, TX and FL. Just showing 3 states showcasing "complaints/issues" concerns me. As far as Regent Homes goes, I've also heard some negative build comments against the company as well in addition to complaints of how customer service was spotty. Both companies, however, were ranked A- (Centex) and A+ (Regent) by the BBB, which is throwing me off because it's making me wonder if these complaints are legitimate.

Can anyone confirm whether this is legitimate or not? The townhomes I'm looking to buy are brand new construction (built by these companies) and I want to ensure I'm not walking into a money pit down the road, especially if many corners are cut. Also, is there any Tennessee/Nashville homeowner's website that outlines subcontractor builders and their rankings/ratings? For example, if subcontractor ABC is being used by Centex and they rank an 'F' I'd probably move on from purchasing a house from the company.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 PM

I don't know how you can find out all the secrets of the building industry . . but I wish you luck!

I have to add this quote here, it's one of my favorites:

"I want a house that has got over all it's troubles; I don't want to spend the rest of my life bringing up a young and inexperienced house."

- Jerome K. Jerome

A new house has that 'new house' smell but sometimes older homes are built better. I know the house I grew up in was a SOLID house. Maybe find a slightly used one? Adopt an older home! Everyone always goes for the puppies . . . . .

PS. Maybe try Angie's List????

Last edited by CountryGirl2b=; 08-26-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville