Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,979,871 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if it has been approved or not, but some developers are wanting to build a neighborhood in Rutherford County similar to Lenox Village.

The idea of being that close to neighbors isn't really my thing, but the traditional neighborhood design (TND) concept has me curious.

What are the thoughts on these areas, or Lenox Village in particular?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 02:02 AM

51 posts, read 301,077 times
There are several of these new urbanism developments planned for Rutherford County. I tend to like them if they're done tastefully. A lot of them provide green space, walking trails, parks, and sometimes a retail component that you don't generally find in your typical subdivision. The houses in my neighborhood in Shelbyville are almost as close together as the ones in these developments, but without any of the aforementioned perks. Heck, I don't even have sidewalks or curbs. Given the choice I would choose a new urbanism development over a regular subdivision.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:30 PM

4 posts, read 35,498 times
Question Condo in Lenox Village?

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I moved to Nashville from Orlando 3 months ago and are looking to buy something soon. Right now we live in Cane Ridge and like it (despite the Antioch zip code) so we are considering buying a condo or townhouse in Lenox Village which is closeby (on Nolensville between Old Hickory and Concord). Does anyone have insight about whether this is a good investment? Or would we be better off buying a house. We would like to buy something under 200K and as I said, like the location but are not opposed to other parts of town.

My job is in the Vanderbilt area, so close to Vandy would be a consideration but it seems much more expensive.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 AM

162 posts, read 550,694 times
You have a few other options to consider closer to I65 and on the other side of the Old Hickory traffic. This seems to be a big factor for appreciation in the area for condos. There is a new project coming up off of Edmondson Pike north of the library (w/Grarages), an older community that residents love - Brentwood Villa (up the hill across from Target, almost no OH traffic at all), and a few others that might be of interest.

You might also look into Concord Place off Concord near the new Publix (not far from where you are now, its sounds like), a few condos on Nolensville just south of the new Walmart and Old Hickory Blvd, or the homes across from Lenox Village in Bradford Hills.

Just a few of the choices that might allow you to see as much or more for your money. Still, I have had a number of clients who love the style and potential for community at Lenox Village.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:16 PM

Default A few more questions

Thanks for your reply, Kevin. I think I drove by the new development on Edmonson that you're talking about...Brighton Village, right? I imagine because it's the same builder that it will look very similar to Lenox.

I would like to be closer to I65. Now that school has started, my commute to Vanderbilt isn't ideal. I thought Orlando had bad traffic, but the areas where I have to drive here seem even worse! Brentwood Villa seems like it might be a good option.

Do you think I would be able to find anything close to Vanderbilt for under 200K? Any other areas that might be good? I have no kids, so school districts are not important. I just want to make a solid investment, not have a hellish commute, and live in a safe area that's not too far out of the way.

Thanks again!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:17 PM

156 posts, read 680,012 times
hey blue...
you might want to look in the west end area...there are some new condos called ~the park at melrose~ and ~the centennial row~...
or even bellevue area....
Lennox is good...but you are right.. the traffic is hideous.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:20 PM

Default How much?

Thanks...have any idea what kind of prices we're looking at for those condos? Also, this is more of a traffic question that might be a dumb one. Is the traffic worse on 65 or 24 (heading north in the morning, south in the evening)? Or is it really pretty much the same no matter which way you take? Just trying to figure out an optimal route to work...

Old 09-08-2007, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 24,129 times
Have you looked at the Hermitage side of town? I live in Mount Juliet and two of my next door neighbors are nurses at Vanderbilt and love the commute. Tulip Cove is a new condo area also the district lofts downtown are nice. They are both similar price range as Lenox...

Old 09-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Not yet

Still in the early stages of figuring out where is the best place to live...thanks for the tip, I will check out Tulip Cove.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 AM

27 posts, read 149,514 times
Default Info on Lenox Village?

Any thoughts on this area? From what I've seen online about it, looks like a newer concept area of retail & residences, like a village community....sounds good online but everything sounds good online. Anyone here actually live there, or first hand experience/knowledge about this area? What about the commute from this area to Vanderbilt? I've also read this would be a good 'resale value' area in a few years...thoughts?? Thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville