Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 10:01 PM

4 posts, read 5,935 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at condos and town homes to live. AND I will be working in Franklin/ Cool Springs my son will be attending a school in Grassland. Do I lease in Franklin and give up space? Or how bad is the drive from Lenox Village in Brentwood to Grassland and back to Cool Springs? I drove it today and it was approximately 20 minutes on a Sunday, so how bad toes traffic going from Brentwood (Old Hickory) to Hillsboro Rd get backed up in “rush hour” type traffic. I am coming from Atlanta and am trying to alleviate the traffic problems. I do understand it does not compare but I don’t want it to scratch the surface. Also I hear Franklin has a lot of community activities to get involved in and being local to Franklin may have more to offer than Lenox Village, but since I’m not from here I don’t know. Can anyone tell me? It’s like I’ve narrowed it down to two places which are living near downtown Franklin or Lenox Village. What to do? Thanks for any feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
Is he attending a public school in Grassland or private? If you want him to attend public schools there, you'll need to live in one of the Grassland zones in Williamson County.

Lenox Village is in Nashville (Davidson County) and zoned for Shayne Elementary and Oliver Middle.

Traffic is negligible going in that direction. It is harder to get across Franklin (west to east) but still better than most areas.\

If you give your housing parameters and price range, we could suggest good condos or rentals.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,845,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsavesalife View Post
I have been looking at condos and town homes to live. AND I will be working in Franklin/ Cool Springs my son will be attending a school in Grassland. Do I lease in Franklin and give up space? Or how bad is the drive from Lenox Village in Brentwood to Grassland and back to Cool Springs?
Just FYI....although a realtor may want you to believe otherwise, Lenox Village is definitely not in Brentwood.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 AM

225 posts, read 586,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsavesalife View Post
I have been looking at condos and town homes to live. AND I will be working in Franklin/ Cool Springs my son will be attending a school in Grassland. Do I lease in Franklin and give up space? Or how bad is the drive from Lenox Village in Brentwood to Grassland and back to Cool Springs? I drove it today and it was approximately 20 minutes on a Sunday, so how bad toes traffic going from Brentwood (Old Hickory) to Hillsboro Rd get backed up in “rush hour” type traffic. I am coming from Atlanta and am trying to alleviate the traffic problems. I do understand it does not compare but I don’t want it to scratch the surface. Also I hear Franklin has a lot of community activities to get involved in and being local to Franklin may have more to offer than Lenox Village, but since I’m not from here I don’t know. Can anyone tell me? It’s like I’ve narrowed it down to two places which are living near downtown Franklin or Lenox Village. What to do? Thanks for any feedback!
Hey there, I'm an Atlanta native so wondering what type of traffic path you have from home to work right now. (I could try my best to compare that to what you might have from Lenox Village to Franklin). Ironically, Nashville is quite "sprawled out" when you compare it to Atlanta.

As someone else mentioned, Lenox Village is indeed Davidson county and NOT Brentwood. That's not a bad thing but we mention that because some folks come in to the area with a huge desire to live in Brentwood and later discover they are NOT in Brentwood. We reside in Davidson county out of choice but was surprised by how so many real estate agents would say whatever they wanted to say JUST to sell or lease a property.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM

22 posts, read 42,356 times
[SIZE=3]The drive may be strain on you when compared to the rental options available to you in Franklin. Lenox Village is a great community for activities and restaurants, but it’s not convenient to the Grassland area of Franklin during drive times. Both areas are a little further from the interstate, and would involve a lot of surface streets traffic in addition to the interstate time. Depending on specific location, it would seem like 35 minutes or more could be likely.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]How much space are you comparing in Franklin vs. Lenox (it may help with some additional suggestions, like the condos in Brentwood Villa or Brentwood Trace off Old Hickory Boulevard and I-65)?[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville