Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 PM

4,348 posts, read 4,727,996 times

Advertisements

"Nashville" isn't T&E only game in town. The Robjn Williams movie is shooting tonight in my apt complex. I think they will be here for the next few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 05:31 AM

78 posts, read 113,748 times
I just saw Jonathon Jackson (Avery) on Fox and Friends! I didn't know he used to play Lucky on General Hospital (Sorry if I am the only one who didn't know this), son of Luke and Laura from the old days on GH.
The interview wasn't great, i hate when the interviewers don't really know what they are talking about - questions included, oh is the finale on tonight? really, get your facts right!!
He did say he lives in Nashville and his family loves it there.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:56 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times
I knew he had a previous life on a soap opera but never watched it. Guess he had quite a following!

My sister works with someone who said SHE heard that filming Nashville locally is a done deal "at least for the first half of the season" HUH? Why would you move to LA in the middle of the season. UNLESS they all move to Memphis to sing the Blues and they change the name to MEMPHIS??

Old 06-14-2013, 02:26 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,346,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I knew he had a previous life on a soap opera but never watched it. Guess he had quite a following!

My sister works with someone who said SHE heard that filming Nashville locally is a done deal "at least for the first half of the season" HUH? Why would you move to LA in the middle of the season. UNLESS they all move to Memphis to sing the Blues and they change the name to MEMPHIS??
Ha! I'd rather them do that than move it to LA and pretend to be in Nashville, though.

I think filming here initially put them in a tough spot to relocate. If the show was a smash hit, I'm sure they wouldn't worry about it. But since it's sort of borderline, they're looking at some way to make more money out of it...either by growing the audience, or cutting costs by relocating.

If they want the state to give them a bigger incentive, perhaps the state should counter with an offer for more incentives if they invest more in permanent film infrastructure. I know Atlanta is becoming a pretty big filming center in the South, but we do have a number of things that are shot here. I would think a bigger investment in infrastructure would lead to a more favorable cost per episode for them.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,747,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
"Nashville" isn't T&E only game in town. The Robjn Williams movie is shooting tonight in my apt complex. I think they will be here for the next few days.
They were filming the bank scenes in my neighborhood last month. Good to see other things going on here, not just country music.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:25 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,055,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
UNLESS they all move to Memphis to sing the Blues and they change the name to MEMPHIS??

We already tried to get Memphis Beat filmed here but the good ole boys wouldn't allow incentives. So you don't have to worry about this one.

But we will give you character ref free of charge.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,346,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead_vol View Post
But we will give you character ref free of charge.
Oh hell no. You can't pull a fast one on me, buddy.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,055,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Oh hell no. You can't pull a fast one on me, buddy.

I want a vote!

Old 06-15-2013, 08:05 AM

70 posts, read 204,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead_vol View Post
I want a vote!
Besides, I think the 'heist prefers Indy anyway.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times
Sadly, it looks like T Bone Burnett will not be on board for the 2nd season. My guess that he'll still advise in an unofficial capacity but it's sad. I think he did a great job with the music.

'Nashville' Music Guru T Bone Burnett Won't Return for Season 2 (Exclusive)

Still no official word on where it's being filmed. Perhaps this is a clue it's NOT being filmed in Nashville?

There ARE 5 direct flights from Nashville to LA every day which makes the commute possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville