Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times

Advertisements

YIPPPEEE! New episode! Without giving anything away to anyone who tivo'd it, I did see a couple of those plot points coming . . . but not the last one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
YIPPPEEE! New episode! Without giving anything away to anyone who tivo'd it, I did see a couple of those plot points coming . . . but not the last one.
I don't like the new Gunnar, but yeow!!!!!!!!

And the very last scene, I saw something similar coming.

Finale should be interesting..

Old 05-02-2013, 08:17 AM

I saw Sam Palladio at 3rd & Lindsley last week and he really does have a fondness for James Taylor type tunes BUT he had a low cut shirt on, under a jacket. In Australia we called it a singlet . . like an undershirt? Black but scooped. I know. Sounds weird but it was . . . a tad sexy.

I did see that coming with the roommate. And I did see something coming with Dante.

(maybe we should start a SPOILERS thread???)

Think I might curl up and watch the episode again on my iPad . . . sometimes I miss things.

Am I just being catty or did the vets hair need combing?? To me, there's not much character development with her - not enough to understand how she 'got' Deacon.

Is it too late for me to go to vet school??????

Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Whew- the writers really are advancing the plot(s). I suppose with the end of the season approaching, things had to escalate to avoid cliff-hangers all summer (of course they're going to renew!...aren't they?? Keeping my fingers crossed).

But what is the upcoming explosion, and does the "murder!" teaser from three weeks ago refer to Gunnar's brother's murder - or is there to be a new killing? Recent filming was done at the courthouse, with heavy security, as well as in a less than great part of town (or at least, it evidently is portrayed that way for the series). Then there's that "somber occasion" involving someone close to Juliette, at The Bluebird...Jolene??

While Rayna and Deacon have FINALLY acknowledged and acted upon their love for each other, there is still much unfinished business in their relationship. Obviously Maddie's parentage, but also Stacy's romance with Deacon - she's likely to be hurt, no way around it - Rayna's divorce, Rayna's heavy flirtation with Liam and his reaction to being rejected after she really did lead him on (although he is accepting and aware of most of her past - maybe he can become a Platonic friend, though it's hard to see how), Teddy's reaction, and on and on. I wish Rayna and Deacon could have had that long weekend on St. Lucia! There are more than two people in this relationship...

Then there's Lamar. Oh, Lamar. You just can't seem to love both your daughters equally - why must one be the favorite and favored child, while the other is the red-headed non-stepchild?? Could it be you're projecting your own stuff onto the out-of-favor daughter?

Juliette....still can't get it right. Instead of realizing that it's her own poor judgement and impulsivity that repeatedly get her in trouble, she's still blaming others for not being trustworthy. All others, it seems...yet she's starving for love and unconditional acceptance, while acting in ways that make it highly unlikely she'll ever get it from anyone capable of this kind of love.

"Nashville" is so superior to most of what's on the air today, that it's hard to see why cancellation is even being considered. The characterizations are convincingly full of depth and nuance, the writing is outstanding, the acting ditto, the music works extremely well to convey mood and advance plot, while being very well-done in its own right, and of course the city itself is just as much of a star as are Juliette and Rayna. ABC would be foolish and would create a lot of dislike for the network if they let this one get away...

Old 05-02-2013, 01:08 PM

Wonder where Juliette's new house is??

The current TV guide had a little paragraph about the show and the season finale.

Callie Khouri, who directs the last show of the season (Eric Stoltz directed last night's episode - he's an actor - was in Mask with Cher) said "It won't be boring." She goes on to say that Julliette finds herself in a 'messy situation' as a result of her bad choices. And that Rayna and Deacon are going along well together until "unforeseen events" throw a wrench in their plan.

This paragraph is interesting:

". . although Khouri is mum on the cliffhangers she has planned, she promises some resolution should the musical drama not get a second verse."

I hold on to hope that the show is renewed. Many posts ago I mentioned that a friend of mine did a home inspection for a guy who works on the show who bought a house here 'because the show had been renewed' - this was back in February I think. Seems like ABC is still mum but most of what I read has it in the "likely to be renewed" column.

Fingers crossed.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:30 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,671 times
Boy - a lot of things going on last night - the hour just flew! I cannot fathom the thought of this show not being renewed; not at all - I'm keeping the fingers crossed as well!!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 PM

78 posts, read 113,599 times
My daughter, who lives in Nashville, just texted me that she just saw Gunnar walking down the street holding hands with a girl on 12 south!
JB

Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM

Check out this interview with Connie Britton - the interviewer asks about 2nd season . . .

Connie Britton Talks Nashville Romance and Friday Night Lights Movie - YouTube

Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Interesting clues can be found here and there about the final three episodes of this season's "Nashville". Not one, but TWO characters are to be killed off (!), there's a big explosion at an intersection in the last episode, Juliette looks as if she's been hitting the bottle quite hard at one point - not surprising, given her background - and of course, Rayna has a big reveal ahead of her for Deacon.

There will also be a memorial gathering at The Bluebird, for someone "close to Juliette", and a scene in a cemetery involving a minister.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out, but will feel very badly for Jolene and Juliette if Jolene is one of those two endangered-to-death characters...My guess is that Will is likely to be the other, on that hulkin' big new motorcycle...perhaps he collides with Jolene's car?? Does Jolene have a car? Or is Juliette drunk-driving her mother somewhere, perhaps?? Time will tell...

"Nashville" airs on ABC at 10:00 EDT tonight, and for the following two Wednesday evenings. Keeping my fingers crossed for renewal...

Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM

ABC should announce TODAY which shows are being renewed.

Please please please renew NASHVILLE!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville