Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 PM

201 posts, read 320,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I believe I read that the daughters were already cast and filmed when someone found Lennon & Maisy and they RE SHOT the Pilot with them in it. They played Tin Pan South in 2011. From Canada I think?
Yes they are from Canada. The daughters of "The Stellas" husband and wife singing duo.

I was told a while back that the daughters were outselling their parents on iTunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Well, I like to give people a few days to watch it since a lot of people don't watch it in real time . .
That's always a good thought.

Wanted to mention the Avery burning the tapes scene. When's the last time things were recorded on physical tape in Nashville? Should've had him sneak onto the computer and delete the folder on Dropbox or something....

Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,105,491 times
You have a point . . with ProTools. HOWEVER, perhaps Avery wanted to go "old school" retro like Jack White and release his never to be heard album on vinyl???? A friend of mine who has a recording studio down here still has his analog equipment.

Recent article on Jack White called "There's no romance in a mouse click." (LOVE that quote!)

Musician Jack White praises analog living, says 'there's no romance in a mouse click' | The Verge

Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM

Lots of analog equipment around. Some being used as doorstops, table legs, boat anchors and some still actually recording music.

That scene made us laugh a bit because if nothing else there would still be digital files somewhere of the recording by the time it was mastered. Like the Jack White quote there's also no drama in a mouse click either. Instead the vivid image of fire being teased by a bottle of Kroger brand fire starter makes life interesting. Good thing all the product in Avery's hair didn't go up in smoke like those reels!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids78 View Post
Good thing all the product in Avery's hair didn't go up in smoke like those reels!

Who is your most favorite character? I have read that some fans are tired of Scarlett. I'm a Deacon fan and of course, Rayna . . . showing MY age!

I am considering watching Friday Night Lights. All the seasons can be streamed on Netflix. I caught a few episodes back when it was on a different night of the week every other month . . . just to see more 'Rayna' before she made it big!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:20 PM

I have 3 seasons of Friday Night Lights on my shelf here! At this point I can say that I don't have a favorite character. It's an interesting mix in the cast there of people that I've liked in previous ventures but not really fond of them in this role. I'm mostly watching for the cameos (including my wife in a couple of the early episodes).

Old 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM

4,351 posts, read 4,736,757 times
Quote:

Who is your most favorite character? I have read that some fans are tired of Scarlett. I'm a Deacon fan and of course, Rayna . . . showing MY age!
Chip Estin is hot. As is Sam (Gunnar).

Can't stand the vet. And really, you just move to town with a new job and can drop everything and go on tour w/him???????????????? And I thought I had a very flexible schedule!

New neighbor - might he be somehow related to the brother's murder? He is from Texas.

Addiction counselor - thought he was pretty cute until next week's previews. GROSS!

Final scene - dead. But dead will cause even more trouble than alive.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:56 PM

Like I said to my wife after watching it - can't these people have 1 day without all the drama?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM

Have to say, I don't see much chemistry with Deacon and the Vet. Except she does have hair almost the color of Rayna. What IS it about her that attracts him? Not like she saved Sue's life or anything. Guessing he invited her up for the weekend in NY. You're right, she can't just go ON TOUR with them. Had the feeling it was just a weekend gig? I could be wrong.

Deacon likes drama. The vet is too . . normal.

I agree there is more to 'Will' - the new upstairs neighbor (didn't know there WAS an upstairs neighbor, did you?) than meets the eye.

No attraction to the addiction counselor. Agree about Deacon (sigh).

Really? Dead? They're going to kill off a 'main' character? Kimberly Williams Paisley sure has made herself at home . . . .

I know the finale for the show is May 22nd and that last night was Episode 17. So, the CMA Awards are next Wednesday the 10th. That leaves April 17, 24 and May 1, 8, and 15 . . only FIVE more new episodes so must be one more repeat or alternate programming.

Would be great if they would run the whole series, in order, over the summer . . .

Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Really? Dead? They're going to kill off a 'main' character? Kimberly Williams Paisley sure has made herself at home . . . .
Lamar can't be dead because that would throw the whole stadium angle out the window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville