Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM

2 posts, read 13,091 times

Advertisements

My husband has a new job starting July 1 and we are moving to the Nashville area. From reading all of the posts and talking to a realtor, it looks like Hendersonville is the best option for us since we want a short commute and great schools. We were only shown homes in Mansker Farms. Loved it, just wondering if there is any other subdivision we should be considering. Also, why is it that the elementary school for Mansker Farms is in Goodlettsville? The middle school and high school for the subdivision are in Hendersonville. Realize it is the same county but we were told Hendersonville schools were better than Goodlettsville. We have three small children and if this job works out like we hope, we plan on living there for a long time. And lastly, any advice on a great preschool would be wonderful too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,844,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamon View Post
My husband has a new job starting July 1 and we are moving to the Nashville area. From reading all of the posts and talking to a realtor, it looks like Hendersonville is the best option for us since we want a short commute and great schools. We were only shown homes in Mansker Farms. Loved it, just wondering if there is any other subdivision we should be considering. Also, why is it that the elementary school for Mansker Farms is in Goodlettsville? The middle school and high school for the subdivision are in Hendersonville. Realize it is the same county but we were told Hendersonville schools were better than Goodlettsville. We have three small children and if this job works out like we hope, we plan on living there for a long time. And lastly, any advice on a great preschool would be wonderful too!
Madison Creek Elementary in Goodlettsville is excellent. It's the only Sumner school in Goodlettsville. I would put it right up there with the top Hendersonville schools.

Mansker Farms definitely is the best subdivision in Hendersonville for a short commute.

I'd check out some of the Goodlettsville subdivisions: 12 Stones, Indian Hills, Copper Creek, and Wynridge.

Also the area around Beech has some nice neighborhoods: Somerset Downs, Long Hollow Woods, Drakes Pointe, Tower Hill

Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Listen to vivelafrance...all good recommendations. Although I do wonder a little about Copper Creek...we looked at building there 3 years ago and they just don't seem to have made much progress since then. Not sure if its because of the builder, the hilly lots, or what. The homes look nice and all, it just seems that even though the market is slow, they are even slower. I could be wrong, though.

Mansker's Farms feeds into TW Hunter Middle School and Beech High School. Madison Creek is a good school that has improved scores over the last few years. The issue with Goodlettsville schools is on the Davidson County side of Goodlettsville. And, honestly, Goodlettsville Elementary in Davidson County used to have a good reputation (not sure if it still does). But Mansker's Farms is in Sumner and you'd be zoned for Madison Creek.

In addition to the suggestions vive offered, I'd also recommend looking around the Indian Lake exit as well. I don't know the name of the subdivisions offhand, but they would be a relatively short commute so long as you were near the bypass. Not as short as Mansker's Farms, but only about 5-10 minutes further and it also might give you more convenient access to shopping, etc.

For what it's worth, I live on the far northeast side of Hendersonville past the Saundersville Road exit, almost in Gallatin, and my commute to downtown this morning was 50 minutes, which included a 10 minute detour/stop to drop the kids off at daycare. So without that stop it would have been closer to 35-40 minutes and if we were @ Mansker's Farm it would have been even quicker. That should give you an idea of the commute time.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Listen to vivelafrance...all good recommendations. Although I do wonder a little about Copper Creek...we looked at building there 3 years ago and they just don't seem to have made much progress since then. Not sure if its because of the builder, the hilly lots, or what. The homes look nice and all, it just seems that even though the market is slow, they are even slower. I could be wrong, though.
Yeah if you're looking for more of a community with amenities like Mansker Farms then Copper Creek probably isn't going to cut it. I think it has a beautiful location, however.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 13,091 times
Yes, the amenities of Mansker Farms subdivision was very appealing. The clubhouse, pool and playground seemed like a great way to make friends in a new town. They also have some lots for sale. They have gone up considerably in the past few months so I don't know if it is the popularity of the area or the zoning was finally done.

Thank you both for the information.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 PM

3 posts, read 14,584 times
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what time school starts and ends everyday? What month do they start and end?

Old 02-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithreeboyz03 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what time school starts and ends everyday? What month do they start and end?
Time of day varies depending on the school...you would probably have to contact them directly or go to the Sumner Schools website. School starts in August and usually ends in May unless the winter is especially harsh with snow days. The system also offers a year round elementary option with open enrollment.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM

722 posts, read 2,101,407 times
Off Indian Lake are Autumn Creek and Fountain Brooke, both great subdivisions. Autumn Creek is almost completely built, Fountain Brooke has about 40-50 houses so far with another 100 or so eventually. Still no clubhouse or pool there. Autumn Creek has the clubhouse/pool/walk trails set up and an HOA of 55/mo. Both are in the Station Camp schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post

Mansker's Farms feeds into TW Hunter Middle School and Beech High School. Madison Creek is a good school that has improved scores over the last few years. The issue with Goodlettsville schools is on the Davidson County side of Goodlettsville. And, honestly, Goodlettsville Elementary in Davidson County used to have a good reputation (not sure if it still does). But Mansker's Farms is in Sumner and you'd be zoned for Madison Creek.

In addition to the suggestions vive offered, I'd also recommend looking around the Indian Lake exit as well. I don't know the name of the subdivisions offhand, but they would be a relatively short commute so long as you were near the bypass. Not as short as Mansker's Farms, but only about 5-10 minutes further and it also might give you more convenient access to shopping, etc.

For what it's worth, I live on the far northeast side of Hendersonville past the Saundersville Road exit, almost in Gallatin, and my commute to downtown this morning was 50 minutes, which included a 10 minute detour/stop to drop the kids off at daycare. So without that stop it would have been closer to 35-40 minutes and if we were @ Mansker's Farm it would have been even quicker. That should give you an idea of the commute time.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 PM

3 posts, read 14,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
Time of day varies depending on the school...you would probably have to contact them directly or go to the Sumner Schools website. School starts in August and usually ends in May unless the winter is especially harsh with snow days. The system also offers a year round elementary option with open enrollment.

thanks, I will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville