Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 02:33 PM

6 posts, read 18,644 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Can anyone give me info on Station Camp schools? Just wanted to get some opinions about the schools. I have a son who will be a freshman and a son who will be in 4th grade. We are planning on renting an apt in this school district and then buying a house. Also, anyone familiar with the Creekside neighborhood? If so, do you like the area? Thanks for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 04:59 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,860,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tssjls View Post
Hello,

I am new to this forum. Can anyone give me info on Station Camp schools? Just wanted to get some opinions about the schools. I have a son who will be a freshman and a son who will be in 4th grade. We are planning on renting an apt in this school district and then buying a house. Also, anyone familiar with the Creekside neighborhood? If so, do you like the area? Thanks for any replies.

There was a forumer on here a while back who ended up buying in Creekside...here's what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdaco View Post
I just visited Hendersonville/Gallatin area and loved it. We purchased a home this weekend over at creekside because it was out in the boonies. I'm 30 min away from Nashville and if I really really want Red Lobster I can drive out, otherwise, I ate at some great lake restaurants and the new restaurants at Anderson Rd are good enough for me. I would prefer to pause the development at this stage for I love the horse pastures and station camp area.

The parks there are gorgeous and the lake even more beautiful. I'll take any mom/pop restaurant over chains. I hope the lower side of main street gets a little more cleaned up but that's just a matter of cleaning up the older electrical grid there and updating the facade of some of the shops. I personally fell in love with the town and I was only there 4 days.

Creekside is pretty far out which can be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view. It's roughly right in between the main shopping areas of Gallatin and Hendersonville and very close to the new Kroger Marketplace. It is, however, a longer commute to Nashville than most Hendersonville subdivisions.

I'll wait and let DonCorleone answer the questions on the schools because I think he lives in that district. Station Camp is the newest high school in Sumner County and has the best facilities.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Thank you for your reply....I have not been able to find much info on these forums about the schools. I have checked great schools and the high school was rated well.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:51 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,516,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
I'll wait and let DonCorleone answer the questions on the schools because I think he lives in that district. Station Camp is the newest high school in Sumner County and has the best facilities.
My C-D spidey sense went off last night and drew me to the forum this morning.

Station Camp is a really great school cluster. Ranked high in testing...but as vivelafrance mentioned, it also has top-knotch facilities. You really can't go wrong with it. I have nieces and nephews there in the elementary school and they've had awesome experiences so far. They (and their parents) really love it. Likewise, I know a teacher in the high school and he really enjoys it there. I'm sure there are some drawbacks...there always is...but I really haven't heard any complaints about that cluster at all.

What I like about the Creekside area of Hendersonville is that it has a very rural feel (Long Hollow Pike area) which I like...but you can be anywhere in Hendersonville (or Gallatin) in 10 minutes. Or be in downtown Nashville in 35-40 minutes...maybe a little longer if traffic is bad. It is really the best of both worlds.

One knock on Creekside is that the homes are so cookie-cutter. I guess that is part of the reason they're cheaper...but for the most part the subdivision is a little ho-hum.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have more questions!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the info!! We have decided to rent an apt at Kennesaw farms, it won't be for very long though, so we will have to buy a house in Station Camp district since the kids will have started school. I am hoping both my kids have a positive experience with this move, going to new schools and meeting new friends.

Any other neighborhoods you would recommend...would like to stay under $250,000?

Thanks

Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,516,752 times
Certainly...check out Stonecrest (Saundersville Road...about 1 mile from the schools), Saundersville Station (on Saundersville Road, less than 1/4 mile from the schools), Wyncrest (Saundersville Rd...1 mile from schools), and Stone Creek (on Big Station Camp, about 500 yards from the schools). There are also a few other subdivisions closer to Gallatin on Long Hollow Pike that might be worth looking at as well. I would suggest going to realtracs.com, choosing Sumner County, then put in your price range and search by school at the very bottom...and type in Station Camp. That should show you everything in your price range zoned for Station Camp. Some will be in Hendersonville, some will be in Gallatin.

Hope that helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM

722 posts, read 2,109,458 times
We live in Fountain Brooke and are in the station camp school district.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 AM

27 posts, read 78,162 times
I am also looking to move to Hendersonville in the Station Camp School district. We looked at Creekside, Stonecrest, Wybrooke, and Autumn Creek. All very nice neighborhoods from what we saw. We have 2 boys currently in 5th and 2nd grade so we want a kid oriented neighborhood for sure (sidewalks and community pool a must). If any of you know of these neighborhoods that I've listed can you give any feedback, would love to know opinions on which ones are better and why. Also, are the chances of them rezoning out of the Station camp district low or high? Thanks so much for your feedback! Sorry for posting here but I didn't know how to make my own original post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville