Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 PM

27 posts, read 77,916 times

Advertisements

I have a question for anyone that has children and lives in Hendersonville. If you live in a subdivision that does not have a community pool what do your children do in the summer? I have 2 boys 10 and 8, we want to live in a subdivision with a pool but have a possibility of having my mom move in with us and therefore the style of house we would need will be harder to find. Most homes we are looking at that have a second bedroom on the main level are not in subdivisions with pools. I do not want to have to put a pool in my yard. First of all it defeats the purpose of the whole "community" aspect and having a place for my boys to go and meet the other kids in the neighborhood. Are there pool clubs or something? I'm worried about making a bad decision and having it be difficult for them to meet people. We are looking to stay in the area of Station Camp schools or even ILE, Nannie Berry, Ellis, H'ville High. My favorite subdivision would be Creekside at Station Camp but those homes don't offer another bedroom on the main floor. Any advice on what the kids do during their summers when there is no pool to go and hang out at would be appreciated. We really want to be a part of a community that is active and social. We are moving from NJ and we don't know a soul in TN besides our Realtor!! Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 12:15 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,118 times
The YMCA pool is very popular in the summer. SeaStar also has an indoor pool near the lake where lots of kids compete. There are also some private/club type pools where you can join and those usually involve some social activities throughout the summer.

Many people also go to the lake and the many parks around it. Joining some type of league sport is a sure way to meet people.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,470,452 times
I was going to recommend Creekside at Station Camp to you but you mentioned none of the floorplans having 2 BR downstairs. I have seen signs passing the subdivision that say they have a 1 level homeplan now, so you may check into that. Maybe they now offer 2 BR downstairs? I really can't think of any subdivisions with a pool and 2 BR downstairs, now that you mention it. Have you talked to a realtor about it?

As usual, vive is spot on. The Y has a really great outdoor pool with lots of playthings for the kids there. They also have a small indoor wading pool for small kids and physical therapy, and a lap pool indoors. I would say that is your best bet. There are a couple of clubs around (Bluegrass comes to mind) with pools but I don't know if you would want to go through all that for a pool membership.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:23 PM

722 posts, read 2,100,803 times
How about Autumn Creek. Its almost completely finished and has a pool/clubhouse and is a great subdivision. Here is the realtracs listings for that subdivision. Sorry I havent learned how to rename the link.
RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Search Results

Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Passeaux View Post
How about Autumn Creek. Its almost completely finished and has a pool/clubhouse and is a great subdivision. Here is the realtracs listings for that subdivision. Sorry I havent learned how to rename the link.

Hey, it did it for me!

Old 03-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I was going to recommend Creekside at Station Camp to you but you mentioned none of the floorplans having 2 BR downstairs. I have seen signs passing the subdivision that say they have a 1 level homeplan now, so you may check into that. Maybe they now offer 2 BR downstairs? I really can't think of any subdivisions with a pool and 2 BR downstairs, now that you mention it. Have you talked to a realtor about it?

As usual, vive is spot on. The Y has a really great outdoor pool with lots of playthings for the kids there. They also have a small indoor wading pool for small kids and physical therapy, and a lap pool indoors. I would say that is your best bet. There are a couple of clubs around (Bluegrass comes to mind) with pools but I don't know if you would want to go through all that for a pool membership.
Creekside is still my favorite!! I was just there this week, actually met a family in the neighborhood and got to talk with them about the community. I believe they know you!! After the tornado scare my mom may be rethinking moving to TN with us. If that is the case I can live where I want to and not have to worry about how the bedrooms are set up!

Old 03-04-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Passeaux View Post
I did look at Autumn Creek this week. Found a beautiful home although there wasn't 2 bedrooms on the main floor, there was a second Master upstairs that was very nice. I also chatted with a mom and her daughter about the neighborhood and they really had great things to say. The only thing they mentioned is they go to private school. I wonder if a lot of people go to private schools in that neighborhood. I don't want to have to send my kids to private schools, I want them to have friends in their neighborhood that also go to school with them. Do you live in that neighborhood? If so do your children go to public school?

Old 03-04-2012, 02:39 PM

I live down the road from Autumn Creek. They would go to Station Camp which is highly regarded.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
The YMCA pool is very popular in the summer. SeaStar also has an indoor pool near the lake where lots of kids compete. There are also some private/club type pools where you can join and those usually involve some social activities throughout the summer.

Many people also go to the lake and the many parks around it. Joining some type of league sport is a sure way to meet people.
Do you happen to know the names of the pool clubs? My realtor pointed out an outdoor pool while we were out and about but I don't know if she knew the name of it. Do people swim in the lake or is it strictly for boating/fishing?
I plan on having my kids join the Hendersonville soccer league once we move and hopefully that will help them meet a lot of friends. I know a lot of people have talked about the church youth group out of Long Hollow Baptist but we are catholic, not sure if the catholic church has anything like that....

Old 03-06-2012, 06:37 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,470,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJtoTN View Post
Do people swim in the lake or is it strictly for boating/fishing?
Not sure about the swimming clubs, though I think Bluegrass CC offers one.

People do swim in the lake some. There are a couple of areas that are marked off for swimming...meaning there's not much boat traffic and no fishing allowed. There's a spot off of Walton Ferry Road in Hendersonville and another off of Hwy 109 on the way to Lebanon.

Personally, I've never had a desire to swim in the lake. To quote Marcus Brody from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: "No thank you, fish make love in it."

Quote:
I know a lot of people have talked about the church youth group out of Long Hollow Baptist but we are catholic, not sure if the catholic church has anything like that....
Looks like Our Lady of the Lake has a youth ministry, as does St. John Vianney in Gallatin. With Pope John Paul II High School nearby and St. John Vianney having a school there, I'm sure the local Catholic churches have a demand for youth group type activities.

Last edited by DonCorleone; 03-06-2012 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville