Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:44 AM

14 posts, read 51,179 times

Advertisements

Drakes or Drake Creek park has about a dozen lit tennis courts along wth other sports facilities including Soccer/football and softball fields and i am sure there are tracks for walking/cycling/skating etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 PM

77 posts, read 273,563 times
Lake Lady and Nice Guy - Thanks so much for your responses. It is a big help. My daughter loves to swim at the Y or anywhere so thats one of the things we were interested in as far as rec. goes. That's great they have lit tennis courts so you can play at night! Looks like we are going to have to drive on up to Hendersonville to look around after Cookeville. We are coming from NC so Cookeville will be our first stop. Think I will have to do a new post about the schools. That's soooo important to us. Thanks again for the info

Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 PM

334 posts, read 1,283,723 times
If you're looking for another real estate website, try Middle Tennessee Property Finder It is only middle TN and you'll have to know the county you're looking for, or just click on a general area

Old 09-30-2007, 10:59 PM

14 posts, read 58,621 times
This is a good site for those wanting to know more..Hendersonville, Tennessee

Old 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM

42 posts, read 86,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity_ View Post
Hi! We are considering moving to Hendersonville. I'm just wondering what is your general opinion about the area?
It is a nice place to live. Close to Nashville with the lovely lake. People are nice and low taxes, low crime. The housing is reasonable but I bet it will go up due to the new shopping and many people are moving here. It seems like in a few years it will really be a hot spot. Nice weather for Retirees or anyone for that matter. This place is growing right now like you would not believe.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:02 PM

42 posts, read 86,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermery View Post
Hello to all with suggestions for me and my family, we are from a small town in Illinois and we are thinking about moving to the Hendersonville area. We would like to buy a home in the 150-175k range. Is this possible and what about the schools? I have a 13 year old son who enjoys sports and band. We are in our early 40's and like to go out for dinners and quite walks in the evening. How is the economy in this area this is a huge concern considering we are a ways off from retiring which is sad. Please give us some advice. Thanks J.
I am not sure what kind of work you do but I lived near Chicago and there was way more jobs there and better pay. You can find a house in your price range but it would need work. I hope this helps this has just been my experience. Hendersonville is a very nice town. No crime,low taxes but work is tough to find!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times
Default OH MY....a SAN DIEGAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake.Lady View Post
There are cafes and restaurants but I'm not sure what you want as far as culture goes. The lake is beautiful and, yes, we swim in it. There are a number of marinas if you have a boat and it is not crowded even on the busiest of week-ends. I guess I could answer better if I had more specific questions, but if it helps any we moved here after living in San Diego and I wouldn't consider moving back.

i CANT BELIEVE I FOUND A SAN DIEGAN. IM CONSIDERING PACKING UP ME AND THE CATS AND HEADING TO HENDESONVILLE. SHOULD BE ARRIVING IN MARCH. IVE NEVER LEFT CALIFORNIA, AND IM MOVING SOLO TO PURSUE A NURSING SCHOOL AND GET OUT OF THE HUSSLE OF SD. CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY TIPS? AND DO YOU THINK ITS SAFE THERE TO LIVE ALONE? THANKS SO MUCH

Old 02-01-2008, 12:32 PM

131 posts, read 578,114 times
SDCOUNTRY, I think it is a VERY safe place to live alone. Since you're from SD I can tell you that Hendersonville reminds me of Poway. I will be happy to give you any tips you want and help you with any questions, but you'll have to be more specific as to what you want to know. Also, there are quite a few ex-San Diegans that live here so you'll be in good company

Old 02-01-2008, 12:46 PM

131 posts, read 578,114 times
SDCOUNTRY,
Tip #1 Eat all the carne asada burritos you can while you're there because you will miss them here

Old 02-03-2008, 07:32 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,284,393 times
For homes, I used Middle Tennessee Property Finder This is a great website.

I don't live in Hendersonville, but that's where I go for shopping, eating out, etc. I love it down there. I didn't buy in Hendersonville because I didn't know of the area at the time I was looking but wouldn't hesitate to buy a home there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville