Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Opry Mills turn into another Hickory Hollow?
Opry Mills won't become the next Hickory Hollow 23 82.14%
Opry Mills will become the next Hickory Hollow 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 PM

195 posts, read 525,497 times

Advertisements

Wish to see sharks, octopuses and rays in Aquarium again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 06:50 AM

909 posts, read 1,063,398 times
Default Will Opry Mills turn into another Hickory Hollow?

This was a topic just touched on for a minute in a thread about a month ago.

Grand re-opening is not until late March and there are already some rumors about the trend that started before the flood, already starting again.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 AM

337 posts, read 409,213 times
There was aleady one gang shooting there before the flood. I think that indoor malls our going out right now. They may come back in the future. What I am seeing is the new malls are the open air type where people walk outside. I don't think that Opry Mills will come back to its glory days.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
There was aleady one gang shooting there before the flood. I think that indoor malls our going out right now. They may come back in the future. What I am seeing is the new malls are the open air type where people walk outside. I don't think that Opry Mills will come back to its glory days.
Providence and The Avenue, etc. do point to the outdoor trend.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:30 AM

337 posts, read 409,213 times
Another reason that I think Opry Mills and indoor malls in general are out of favor. The last time I was at Opry Mills there were hucksters around every corner, asking questions that always have a yes answer and people don’t want to be bothered like that. It’s ridiculous.

“Hey do you love your Momma? “You need to buy her this.” “What you don’t love your Momma?”
“Hey do you like to eat? “Then you need to eat here.” “What you don’t like to eat?”
“Hey do you like to save money? “Then you need to buy this on sale.” “What you don’t like to save money?”

Old 02-06-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Another reason that I think Opry Mills and indoor malls in general are out of favor. The last time I was at Opry Mills there were hucksters around every corner, asking questions that always have a yes answer and people don’t want to be bothered like that. It’s ridiculous.

“Hey do you love your Momma? “You need to buy her this.” “What you don’t love your Momma?”
“Hey do you like to eat? “Then you need to eat here.” “What you don’t like to eat?”
“Hey do you like to save money? “Then you need to buy this on sale.” “What you don’t like to save money?”

I didn't run into that...but I did see plenty of "gangsta" types hanging out and not shopping the last few nights I was there. Not as much during the day.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
A lot will depend on the stores that open there and the security they put in place.

Of course, dressing like a "gangsta type" isn't illegal, so unless they're breaking a law rather than just getting on your nerves by existing, they're allowed to be there too.

The people who come to CoolSprings Galleria have changed over the years, too. But if mall management is able to keep quality tenants and employ real security, Opry Mills should remain a good place to go.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
A lot will depend on the stores that open there and the security they put in place.

Of course, dressing like a "gangsta type" isn't illegal, so unless they're breaking a law rather than just getting on your nerves by existing, they're allowed to be there too.

However,,,

There is some word going around that Dave & Busters (already reopened) has a dress code that will be more and more hard to enforce as things get back into full swing. I am a very socially open minded and progressive person - look back at my comments over the years on the politics forums...with that said, if this reopened version of Opry Mills is too lax on certain things, the quality of the retailers willing to pay the big bucks to rent a space there will shrink and either be replaced by low quality crappy retailers or empty spaces. I hope Opry Mills doesn't reach that point but gradually it may happen.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,337,820 times
It's no Fountain Square.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:12 PM

957 posts, read 3,700,510 times
Quote:
It reminded me a lot of Leslie Nielson battling his way through the gang of Harry (Hare) Krishnas in the movie Airport. The mall even had rules that said the kiosk vendors couldn't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville