Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 PM

21 posts, read 54,315 times

Advertisements

Is Davidson Academy the best christian school in Nashville, if you know ? Are there others that are comparable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
The "best" as far as what criteria ...

test scores?
teacher-student ratio?
college acceptance?
sports records?
etc.

What would make it "the best" for you?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:09 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,909,633 times
yes all of the above--only if they have those stats on hand and use them to determine that, as they do with other schools.

If not, anecdotal info, whether people consider it a good school or do they point to others as a better education

If you arent connected with these types of schools you probably wont know the answer, so i was asking for those who are in the know(know the christian school data, stats and can lend a hand) i appreciate your help though, thank you.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:44 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,548,619 times
Father Ryan is probably the best religious school in Nashville based on where the kids are going to college, number of national merit semi-finalists. CPA is also good.

Last edited by septimus; 09-28-2011 at 04:22 AM..

Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,474,457 times
I sent you a DM as well, but my take is that DA is a very good private school. I would also include Goodpasture in that discussion as well since they are in the same area. Both are comparable in my opinion. I also would not overlook David Lipscomb, John Paul II (for high school), Christ Presbyterian, or Father Ryan. It just depends on how far someone wants to drive since those schools are scattered across the area.

Whether or not it makes sense to live in Metro and send your kids to private school vs. moving to Sumner or Williamson County and going to public schools is another question entirely...and I think it is worth considering.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,844,748 times
Davidson Academy is good just be aware that they will be moving to a new campus in Hendersonville within the next few years. Also they are moving because the vast majority of their students live in the Hendersonville area.

If you are looking for a HS, Pope John Paul II is excellent. It's right on the border of Hendersonville and Nashville but has a very wide draw from all over middle TN and even southern KY.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,474,457 times
The DA move has been somewhat of an ongoing headache for them...they've got the land, but can't find a buyer for the existing location. From what I understand, that is what is holding up their move. And in this economy, it could still take awhile for that to happen. It certainly will happen sometime in the future, but who knows when?

Old 09-29-2011, 01:55 AM

21 posts, read 54,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I sent you a DM as well, but my take is that DA is a very good private school. I would also include Goodpasture in that discussion as well since they are in the same area. Both are comparable in my opinion. I also would not overlook David Lipscomb, John Paul II (for high school), Christ Presbyterian, or Father Ryan. It just depends on how far someone wants to drive since those schools are scattered across the area.

Whether or not it makes sense to live in Metro and send your kids to private school vs. moving to Sumner or Williamson County and going to public schools is another question entirely...and I think it is worth considering.
Thanks, we would send her to private christian school whether in suburbia or in the city areas- for religious regions. not catholic so those are out, but Classical Christian education with the Presbyterian church is great.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
Have you toured Franklin Classical School?

Franklin Classical School

I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but it sounds like what you're describing. Good luck!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:17 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Oak Hill School is associated with First Presbyterian Church.

Oak Hill School

I would double-check Franklin Classical School's accreditation status. Last I heard they were not in good standing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville