Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 10:39 PM

54 posts, read 130,757 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I might be moving to Nashville and would appreciate if you can provide more information on the following:

1. Name of some of the good apartments available (near Elm Hill)

2. Which internet service provider is better in Nashville also how much is the monthly rent?

3. What the average Electricity cost? Name of the companies offering electricity service in Nashville? If there are many which one is better & reliable

4. Is there any thing like Water Bill in Nashville?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times
Hi Rooney, welcome to the board.

For apartments your best bet is to look on padmapper.com for the location you are intersted in, and then check online apartment ratings sites for that complex. If you go to the upper right hand corner of this forum to "SEARCH THIS FORUM" you can search "apartment" and see previous threads and discussions. I think there are more home owners than apartment renters on this forum but a lot of people rent first so you may find some helpful information.

All of your other questions about internet, water costs, electricity costs really depend on where you ultimately live. For internet, Comcast is big here. If you bundle phone/internet/cable you can get something for $99 but it depends on how fast you need your connection to be and how much of a couch potato you are! You can go to Comcast.com and plug in a zip code for offers.

For Davidson County the electric company is Nashville Electric Service. In Williamson County i'ts Middle Tennessee Electric or Nashville Electric Service. I don't think you have a choice, it depends on where you live. I find electricity much cheaper than in Connecticut. I guess it depends on where you are moving from and how many things you plug in, how hot or cold you like it. Also you might have electric heat and air or gas heat and electric air.

Yes, I live in Franklin and I have a water bill that includes sewer and garbage pick up along with water. In an apartment you may or may not be responsible for your own water bill. You should ask.

Sorry for the generic answers but your questions were very broad. Best of luck!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 PM

25 posts, read 65,468 times
Elm Hill Pike is in the Airport Area of Nashville near interstate 40E and Briley Parkway. There are a number of complexes in this area, not just limited to Elm Hill Pike.

Donelson and Hermitage areas offer really good apartment complexes, especially on Lebanon Road and Old Hickory Blvd area of Hermitage. These areas are about 15mins to Downtown and are near restaurants, groceries, hospitals, and other things.

I would suggest searching via apartmentguide.com or other sites to view apartments in those areas.

These areas are services by Nashville Electric Service (NES), and Metro Water Services. Electricity for a 1bdr apt should be more than $90/month, and water will more than likely be included.

There are many choices for internet, especially if you want the mobile broadband. I think Comcast is pretty good and also Verizon mifi.

Good Luck

Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,513,510 times
Several apartment complexes out at Stewarts Ferry, which is very close to Elm Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville