Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:03 PM

47 posts, read 168,695 times

Advertisements

Calling all thougths/opinions on Ashland City and surrounding areas West of Nashville for living etc....How long into the city, traffic, people, things to do, landscape, etc.....I am still looking for a place to live with my 2 dogs and Ashland City area has come now to my attention...any guidance on this one?

Thanks in advance, Hope all are enjoying this summer
blessings to all,
Optimum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 11,593 times
As far as the choice between ashalnd city and west nashville i would chose ashland city. I have friends who live not far from there and we spend most summer weekends there at the river. The people seem very friendly. As far as west nashville the only thing that crosses my mind is Bordeaux... which has a higher crime rate and you'll hear sirens all night and all day. from ashland city the drive to down town is about 20-25 minutes and the smaller town atmosphere would probably be better for the dogs. So all in all the whole town is wonderful people are great, traffic is pretty smooth, and if you look in the right places you can buy a house for a decent price with a yard or land. Good Luck

Last edited by crashsmw; 08-19-2007 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 08-19-2007, 02:41 PM

47 posts, read 168,695 times
Thanks Crashsmw,

That gives me more info than what I had with that area. I was beginning to wonder about it, because no one else had an opinion and that seemed odd on this Nashville Forum. I appreciate your post.......smiles

blessings,
Optimum

Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 AM

19 posts, read 70,418 times
I live in West Nashville, Bellevue to be exact. It is about 15 minutes to downtown during non-rush hour traffic. I love it here because it is close access to downtown and I-40 but is not too overgrown yet like alot of the areas in and around Nashville. You can get a really nice home for about $180-250. If you have any specific questions about Bellevue feel free to ask away. Good Luck!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 AM

162 posts, read 605,093 times
Default Rent

Had you ever rented in that area MusicCityGal?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,232,334 times
One slight correction to one of the posts above: Bordeaux, while being northwest of downtown Nashville, is considered part of north Nashville and not west Nashville.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 PM

19 posts, read 70,418 times
Pawillia-I rented when I first moved here about 14 years ago. I have some friends who rent and I believe the rent can run anywhere between $1000-1200 a month for a 2-3 bedroom apartment. I'm not exactly sure on that so maybe someone else who is more experienced with renting can help with that. :-)

Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Thanks for your help MusicCityGal. I was looking into some apartments in that area and they seemed pretty affordable $800-1000 range. I had not visited the area as of yet (will be visiting again in December) and I guess at this point I am more concerned with the quality of the area (amenties, grocery stores, retail malls, low crime, restaurants, etc) and diversity of the area (as far as race/ethnicity)...

Any one's insight would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-20-2007, 02:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,232,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
Thanks for your help MusicCityGal. I was looking into some apartments in that area and they seemed pretty affordable $800-1000 range. I had not visited the area as of yet (will be visiting again in December) and I guess at this point I am more concerned with the quality of the area (amenties, grocery stores, retail malls, low crime, restaurants, etc) and diversity of the area (as far as race/ethnicity)...

Any one's insight would be greatly appreciated
I live in Bellevue. Most of what you need is right there . . . grocery stores, a mall (that isn't doing well . . . but they have plans in the works), drugstores, movie theatres, parks, library, community center, etc. You would have to drive 10 minutes to West Meade for a wine or liquor store however.

Crime is low in Bellevue. At one time it was the second lowest crime area in the city (out of 35).

Last edited by alleycat; 08-20-2007 at 02:42 PM..

Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Thanks, that is great info to know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville