Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 8,745 times

Advertisements

You can't go wrong with John Pittard zone. I am an educator and my children have attended Reeves Rogers since they have been in school. They have been academically challenged and consistently score in the 90+ percentile in all academic areas. The teachers are caring and the administration is very helpful as well. My children have nothing but fond memories of their years there and my daughter looks forward to attending John Pittard this year. I would recommend Huntington Place as a place to start looking in your price range. It is a rapidly-growing neighborhood and is very close to the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,586,129 times
Default North central M'Boro

The Mitchell-Neilson area is a great neighborhood! I currently live on the west side of town by Cason Ln. St. Andrews Dr. If you don't want to face traffic problems every day, don't move over here. It is a nice area but VERY cookie cutter and way too built up with stores, resturants, and homes. Try looking around Northfield Blvd. area as well for homes. They are older brick ranch style with plenty of trees and big yards for the kids to play in. Much more character than the Cason Ln. area in my opinion..

Old 07-11-2007, 09:28 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,986,753 times
Default Northfield area

I agree w/UNT_Eagle 100%!

I think the area bordered between E. Clark and Northfield Blvd (north and south) and N. Tennessee and Memorial N. Highland Ave. (east and west) is a hidden gem. The homes on Northfield Blvd are great as well!

There are some really nice houses (and people) in that area. The homes are little older, but probably better built than some of the newer mass-built subdivisions. I expect them to retain value well for a while due to their close proximity to MTSU and downtown.

I'm not exactly sure of the school zones for that area, but if I had to guess it would be John Pittard, Central, and Oakland.

I live off of N. Tennessee in a rental townhome now that is only about half a mile from that area, but there is a big character difference in that half mile.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:35 AM
nra nra started this thread

72 posts, read 269,000 times
Am moving in the huntington SD. Thank u all for ur help and i'll holler when i get there in a month.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,665 times
Default John Pittard Elementary (Reeves Rogers)

We moved to Murfreesboro last summer from Carmel, Indiana. We heard many good things about Blackman and Siegle. However, we bought a home in Northwoods because we loved the neighborhood. We had 2 children to attend Reeves Rogers Elementary. They loved the school. The only issue for me was that the school was very old and did not have the technology. This year the children will attend John Pittard Elementary. The school is beautiful and has all the advantages as Siegle, Blackmon, Scales...... We are so excited. I found that people classify schools based on the outside of the building (newer means better). However, I am sure that any of the schools in Murfreesboro will be fine for your children to receive a quality education.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 AM

I saw the John Pittard Elementary for the first time yesterday. It looks like it's going to be a very nice facility. The building looks almost done (if not already), but the landscaping still has some work to be done.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
nra nra started this thread

72 posts, read 269,000 times
I am glad to hear that it seems that it would turn out to be a good school. Cant ask for anything more for my child. Thank u all

Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 AM

3 posts, read 8,745 times
NRA,
I'm glad to know you will be my neighbor. We love the subdivision. What street did you buy on?

Old 07-26-2007, 12:32 AM

101 posts, read 218,864 times
Cool M'boro schools state report card

M'boro schools state report card

url=http://www.k-12.state.tn.us/rptcrd06/system.asp?S=751

Last edited by 1410OC; 07-26-2007 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: link messing up here

Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 AM

Here is the link for Rutherford County

TN Department of Education:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville