Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 04:57 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,276,809 times

Advertisements

Click HERE
UPDATED 03/06/09

Doo Wop Jukebox, welcome. Music heard here is only Doo-wop

Click on the song on left side of page, song title will show up on top of the page in the large area, click on song and it will play..

Songs of the 50's and 60's

This is easy to play..

Playa Cofi Jukebox - Our Musical Heritage

Enjoy....let me know if they don't work...

One of my favorite songs of all times..

Duke of Earl- Gene Chandler

YouTube - Duke of Earl- Gene Chandler

Old 03-28-2009, 07:06 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,530,801 times
Well, this evening I thought I would go "geographical." So, we start off with a salute to our friends up north with the lovely tune "Canadian Sunset," performed here by its composer, Eddie Heywood, and the Hugo Winterhalter Orchestra.

YouTube - hugo winterhalter & his orch - canadian sunset - Nipper's Gr

Then, a bit farther south for "Moonlight in Vermont" performed by the great jazz guitarist Johnny Smith, with Stan Getz on tenor sax. Sweet.

the johnny smith quintet – moonlight in vermont – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Now, out west for one--"Along the Santa Fe Trail" performed here by the Glenn Miller Army Air Force Band.

Glenn Miller & The Army Air Force Band – Along the Santa Fe Trail – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

How 'bout a Lindy Hop through the mountains for "Swingtime in the Rockies"?

Billy May – Swingtime in the Rockies (Benny Goodman Version) – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Or, maybe a little "apré ski" to "Sun Valley Jump."

Jerry Gray – Sun Valley Jump – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

And, end up on Saturday night with a little cold-weather cuddling with your "significant other" with Ella Fitzgerald's rendition of the "Midnight Sun."

Ella Fitzgerald – Midnight Sun (1957 Version) – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Old 03-28-2009, 07:30 PM

223 posts, read 1,802,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Click HERE
UPDATED 03/06/09

Doo Wop Jukebox, welcome. Music heard here is only Doo-wop

Click on the song on left side of page, song title will show up on top of the page in the large area, click on song and it will play..

Songs of the 50's and 60's

This is easy to play..

Playa Cofi Jukebox - Our Musical Heritage

Enjoy....let me know if they don't work...

One of my favorite songs of all times..

Duke of Earl- Gene Chandler

YouTube - Duke of Earl- Gene Chandler
...Blows didgeridoo weaving a fabric of time back .... sudden bright light... dressed in tux along with Houston3.... We're in a brand new Chevy heading to the local club opening... stars of attraction the Penguins and the Five Satins

Penguins - Earth Angel

YouTube - The Penguins - Earth Angel

...Houston3 and me, with huge cheshire cat smiles, enjoy the evening entertainment

Five Satins - In the Still of the Night

YouTube - Five Satins - In the Still of the Night

...stands to initiate a toast... picks up drink and states, as MMC would say, Houston3 "to life and her songs" Sir!

Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,004,391 times

YouTube - Clutch - Electric Worry

Clutch - Electric Worry

Old 03-28-2009, 07:41 PM

After the show, on the way to a soda shop, we tuned into our favorite live broadcast from the local jazz hall... we pull into the parking lot... other radios blasting the same station...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Well, this evening I thought I would go "geographical." So, we start off with a salute to our friends up north with the lovely tune "Canadian Sunset," performed here by its composer, Eddie Heywood, and the Hugo Winterhalter Orchestra.

YouTube - hugo winterhalter & his orch - canadian sunset - Nipper's Gr

Then, a bit farther south for "Moonlight in Vermont" performed by the great jazz guitarist Johnny Smith, with Stan Getz on tenor sax. Sweet.

the johnny smith quintet – moonlight in vermont – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Now, out west for one--"Along the Santa Fe Trail" performed here by the Glenn Miller Army Air Force Band.

Glenn Miller & The Army Air Force Band – Along the Santa Fe Trail – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

How 'bout a Lindy Hop through the mountains for "Swingtime in the Rockies"?

Billy May – Swingtime in the Rockies (Benny Goodman Version) – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Or, maybe a little "apré ski" to "Sun Valley Jump."

Jerry Gray – Sun Valley Jump – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

And, end up on Saturday night with a little cold-weather cuddling with your "significant other" with Ella Fitzgerald's rendition of the "Midnight Sun."

Ella Fitzgerald – Midnight Sun (1957 Version) – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Canadian sunset... beautiful under starry skies.... life is good he thinks to himself as he gives his order to the skating car hop.... nothing states nonconformity more than a public listening of jazz....

My, what a radical group we are all turning out to be....

Last edited by PaulG_1; 03-28-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Old 03-28-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

YouTube - Clutch - Electric Worry

Clutch - Electric Worry
...leans back in wooden chair... turns to Oildog and says.... I do believe these boys here have a little bit of blues, funk, stoner, metal... a little bit of everything in 'em.... mighty glad to meet ya, Oildog, mighty glad indeed.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:02 PM

Another Great Singer, He died to young...

YouTube - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers

Old 03-28-2009, 09:06 PM

Now one of the young female singers from those days..

YouTube - Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry

Old 03-28-2009, 09:27 PM

I can't leave The King out...

YouTube - Elvis Presley - How Great Thou Art (1977)

I wonder if he knew the end was near?

YouTube - Elvis Presley - My Way (1977)

Old 03-28-2009, 10:03 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,423,303 times
Hey there :-)

Hope you're doing well!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUS49XSN6Zs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music