Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,759,737 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Samantha James - Enchanted Life

Samantha James - Enchanted Life

This song puts me to sleep, it's so memorizing. I love Samantha James' music.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:34 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,342,759 times
^ Nice!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:34 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,426,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post

Samantha James - Enchanted Life

This song puts me to sleep, it's so memorizing. I love Samantha James' music.
It's a very pretty song - I went through a phase where I played this every night when I got ready for bed - I was going through a very "retrospective" period

YouTube - Enigma - Return to innocence

Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,426,405 times
Default You are my angel of music

MMC this thread has truly refreshed my love for music - I spend all day remembering songs that I've long forgotten - each one bringing back a memory of what was going on in my life when I heard it (or played it obsessively) I am forever in your debt - BUT you'd better gimme my ice cream.

YouTube - Phantom of the Opera --- Angel of Music

Night!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 PM

Default Sonic Sings The Ice Cream Song ... Sarah McLachlan - Ice Cream (Disabled)

:: falls down to the floor cracking up!!!!!! holding
sides howlin :::

Ms. Natalay! I confess!!!! ROFL!! I have a sweet
tooth for Butter Pecan Ice Cream... let me see if
I can find us an ice cream song! ROFL

Sonic Sings The Ice Cream Song

YouTube - Sonic Sings The Ice Cream Song

:: gets up.. laughing takes ya by the arm... :: Let's go and
get some ice cream... we can take a cab :: winks...
walks away a min ::

:: comes back... takes your hand... dances you
away from the frig cause we got to get ready
sings::

Sarah McLachlan - Ice Cream (Disabled)

YouTube - Sarah McLachlan - Ice Cream

Nite!

MMC

Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,498,738 times
Talking A Favorite of Mine Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
MMC this thread has truly refreshed my love for music - I spend all day remembering songs that I've long forgotten - each one bringing back a memory of what was going on in my life when I heard it (or played it obsessively) I am forever in your debt - BUT you'd better gimme my ice cream.

YouTube - Phantom of the Opera --- Angel of Music

Night!
Great choice, Nat!

I've been listening to this for about two weeks and thinking about posting it here. Glad you did.

Have you seen the special released in 2009 about the West End production of this? I can't remember the channel as it was one added for special presentations - something about the arts.

If you get a chance, I think you might be interested in the DVD or info about this production. Plus, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber has been writing more Phantom. Something new to be released next year.

Thanks for posting this..

MSR

Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 PM

Default Phantom of the Opera --- Angel of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
:: sits and listens to tis now with a heart touched
by its goodness... it's sincerity... am so moved...
takes thy hand and hold it ... eyes never leaving
the screen... whispers :: ... had forgotten tis
goodness Lady... tis tenderness... it makes it all
worth it... the suffering ache doesn't it...

her voice... like heaven itself... that voice...
:: turns to ye briefly... whispers :: tis the voice I
hear within thee when thee are richly purple...

ah... now I shall be putty... for such calls within
Me tenderness... not brutality... calls love...
nay dominance... :: whispers :: ye see?

for beauty... soul beauty is the true slayer...
nay that imitation ... of what can be purchased
as fashion or in a bottle... but what is hard earned
thru sweat and tears and patience giving...

:: gently squeezes thy hand... eyes returns to screen ::
... to remember such ... had forgotten... to be
given such... Thank Thee deeply Lady...

MMC
`

Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 PM

Default PASSION- Loving You

:: brings an arm 'round Lady:: ... and now to see
what the world doesn't at times understand
'bout love... to live forever starting
today... to live an immortal life while still in flesh...

:: lights lowers... screen flickers... music fills aire ::

PASSION- Loving You

YouTube - PASSION- Loving You- Live At Lincoln Center

Nite

MMC

`

Old 06-11-2009, 12:20 AM

Smile Phantom: Love Never Dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Great choice, Nat!

I've been listening to this for about two weeks and thinking about posting it here. Glad you did.

Have you seen the special released in 2009 about the West End production of this? I can't remember the channel as it was one added for special presentations - something about the arts.

If you get a chance, I think you might be interested in the DVD or info about this production. Plus, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber has been writing more Phantom. Something new to be released next year.

Thanks for posting this..

MSR
Here is some more info about, " The Phantom Of The Opera," Sequel,
"Phantom: Love Never Dies."
http://www.popcrunch.com%2Fphantom-o...-never-dies%2F

Sorry, I couldn't get that picture to copy. I also couldn't find much to paste here, except when this opens in 2010, it will open simultaneously in the West End, Broadway and maybe Shanghai. Three openings on the same day - how cool is that?!

This is a little info. I found recently. Others may have info as well. It was a new discovery for me.

At least we can be watching for more info the closer we get to 2010.

MSR

Old 06-11-2009, 08:03 AM

Cool "Phantom Sequel, Love Never Dies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Here is some more info about, " The Phantom Of The Opera," Sequel,
"Phantom: Love Never Dies."
http://www.popcrunch.com%2Fphantom-o...-never-dies%2F

Sorry, I couldn't get that picture to copy. I also couldn't find much to paste here, except when this opens in 2010, it will open simultaneously in the West End, Broadway and maybe Shanghai. Three openings on the same day - how cool is that?!

This is a little info. I found recently. Others may have info as well. It was a new discovery for me.

At least we can be watching for more info the closer we get to 2010.

MSR

YouTube - The Phantom of the Opera - Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman

I found a bit more about, "Phantom Sequel, Love Never Dies"

Playbill News: Phantom Sequel, Love Never Dies, Now Due in London and on Broadway in March 2010

Having just seen the newly released DVD on Ovation tv over the weekend, I'm surprised by this. (Happy, but surprised). Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber said he could NEVER write another Phantom again.

The DVD shows so much we didn't know went on behind the scenes such as how Sarah Brightman (his wife at the time) helped him write some of the music, some of the technical problems, dismissal of the man who was going to be the Phantom and recruitment of Michael Crawford with about four months prior to opening etc.

I thought the comments about how the radar-controlled props on stage would venture into different directions each night, depending on whether the local firehouse, in the West End, got called out and in which direction their radio frequency radios, the same frequency as the theatre used, was funny. Also, Andrew Lloyd Webber became so nervous and impatient with what he thought was a show that wasn't coming together, he said he was cancelling the show the week prior to opening. He tried to lift the score and couldn't carry it, given how many pages were in each act.

The point was made by several that at the time while Andrew Lloyd Webber knew he was writing music for Sarah's range, what he didn't realize is how what he was writing paralleled his own life and love for Sarah. Both were married to other people when they met. Because Andrew Lloyd Webber was married, yet so in love with Sarah, in some ways, he became his own, "Phantom of the Opera," unable to have his love at that time.

Unfortunately, tremendous pressures and media predictions of failure put their marriage under considerable tension. It ended in divorce. Andrew Lloyd Webber has remarried and had children with his third wife. When I briefly read the plot "Phantom Sequel, Love Never Dies," I wondered if somehow Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote more about his own life and that of Sarah Brightman's and their respective careers since the Phantom. I'm not sure the Broadway show would have been the success it has been without all three leads from England also opening the Broadway show.

If you are a fan, or Phan as some say, of this show, enjoy the music. Please post if you learn more about the sequel to start in March, 2010.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music