Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,250,305 times

Advertisements

I loved Last Song by Edward Bear...it was a one hit wonder.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 PM

474 posts, read 1,072,021 times
Loved the Kinks too, aardvarks. I bought one of their albums for 99 cents in the discount bin at 7-11 in San Antonio. This was late 70's or early 80's, when making records was on the way out because of cassettes. I should have bought the whole bin. I think the album had bowling pins on it. I know it had a lot of my favorites like "I Musta Got Lost" and "You Really Got Me." I think it also had "Low Budget" and "Lola" on it. It could have been a greatest hits album. Anyone know the name of the album?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:45 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,361,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Loved Bread too! My favorites were Guitar Man, Diary, Make it With You, Baby I'm a Want You, really all of them. I have one or two of their albums, but I can't remember which ones. They all had a lot of good songs on them. Since, I couldn't buy everything I wanted as a kid, I bought a lot of 45's. The albums I would buy always had to have a number of the songs I liked on them.
Those were fy faves too !! I liked most of their stuff!!
Quote:
Hey, that reminds me, anyone remember Guitarzan?

I just thought of a new thread to start:

First 45 you ever bought? & First album you ever bought?
Was that one of Ray Stevens silly ones?? He was very talented !!

Quote:
Loved the Kinks too, aardvarks. I bought one of their albums for 99 cents in the discount bin at 7-11 in San Antonio. This was late 70's or early 80's, when making records was on the way out because of cassettes. I should have bought the whole bin. I think the album had bowling pins on it. I know it had a lot of my favorites like "I Musta Got Lost" and "You Really Got Me." I think it also had "Low Budget" and "Lola" on it. It could have been a greatest hits album. Anyone know the name of the album?
You really got me and lola I liked!! Van Halen does a nice "You really got me"!!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,361,216 times

YouTube - YOU REALLY GOT ME / VAN HALEN

Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,638,779 times
You guys should hop over to my other thread about the 70's....

And BTW, loved BREAD too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIPv9AtZ2zE

Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 PM

You Really Got Me! Great cover! Wasn't David Lee Roth's Just a Gigolo a cover of an older song?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 PM

18,211 posts, read 27,749,822 times
Montrose

Get on your...

Bad Motor Scooter

...and ride.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:00 AM

18,211 posts, read 27,749,822 times
Deep Purple

Burn

Child in Time

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 AM

MusicFreak-I'll have to check out your other 70's thread. It's my favorite decade, so far.

I'm having so much fun in the Music Forum remembering, as well as, hearing all those good old songs. Some I haven't heard in ages, and some I had totally forgotten about. I have a lot of fun in the San Antonio forum also. The Forum where I live is so lame. Hardly any posters at all. And it's cliquey. Most of the repeat posters are real maroons. I tried to start a thread about the five versions of Honky Tonk Women. They link you to Wiki or Google, like you couldn't think of that yourself, they hijack threads to talk about their coffee, or some other inane topic, then make a point of apoligizing about hijacking the thread, like you don't realize what they're doing. A lot of them mess with me because I don't gush about Tucson like it's the greatest place on earth. I've been a lot of places in my travels, and just like any place Tucson has it's good points, as well as, it's bad points. And hey, I live in Tucson. If I want to say it's hoooooooooot here, or that I-10 is a freakin mess, that's my perogative! I have as much right to post as any of them. They all know that of all the cities I've lived in, or travelled to, San Antonio is my favorite. One of them even searched the San Antonio Forum for posts of mine, then reported back to the other obsequious followers. I'm beginning to think that some of them are not just peculiar, but rather deranged. They always put their own spin on what you've said, and they call hick language, Texas Talk. They troll, and then when someone bites they all jump all over them. They break their arms patting themselves and each other on the back. They like to mess with me, so I give it right back to them. They'll never know what a charming rat I really am!

If you want to have some fun, and see what I'm talking about, go to the Tucson Forum and read some of these posts: Honky Tonk Women, Is Summer Really Over, When Did Arizonans Adopt Slacker Lingo, 10 Reasons Not to Move to Tucson, and many others.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:41 AM

satx56-Yeah, Guitarzan was one of Ray Steven's silly ones. MusicFreak posted the link for The Streak by him. I listened to it and watched the video once, and now I can't find it. The lyrics are so funny, I laughed out loud, just like when I was a kid I think he also did Ahab the Arab and Bridget the Midget. Remember those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music