Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:30 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,314,212 times

Advertisements

I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers- I was born in the early 80s but it was a classic in my house along with the Sound of Music.

My favorite: Edelweiss

He sings it so well. I wish America had such a sweet song about it.

YouTube - Edelweiss - The Sound of Music (1965)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,621,310 times
I've heard a lot about this musical BUT...I have never actually seen it>>>>>

YouTube - High School Musical

Old 06-15-2010, 01:56 PM

42,118 posts, read 75,690,186 times
I hate them all, with the exception of the ones where it makes sense for people to break suddenly into song. You know, like 42nd Street or The Sound of Music.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I hate them all, with the exception of the ones where it makes sense for people to break suddenly into song. You know, like 42nd Street or The Sound of Music.
LOL.....most need to be watched with a "grain of salt"...Didn't like THE WIZARD OF OZ; FAME or HAIR????? I too hate more than half of them; but there are many that are some of my favorite movies also..

Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 AM

11,766 posts, read 14,741,530 times
Hate them. I know I used to listen to some sound tracks with some regularity when I was a kid, now I know better.

For instance, I used to like My Fair Lady. A few years ago I saw it on stage because my son built the set. The set was great, the show was stupid.

As an interesting sidelight, I was in about seventh or eighth grade when the Sound of Music came out, and one of our teachers told us about going to see it with a group of the nuns at the school. When the scene came on of the head nun singing to Julie Andrews they all broke out laughing because it was so ridiculous.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 AM

26,954 posts, read 27,208,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I've heard a lot about this musical BUT...I have never actually seen it. <YouTube - High School Musical>
I never saw that one, either, but loved this seemingly similar musical. This one actually has an interesting plot. Zac Efron and Nikki Blonsky are incredibly good in their roles. (And John Travolta is priceless!)

YouTube - HAIRSPRAY Official Trailer

Old 06-18-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I never saw that one, either, but loved this seemingly similar musical. This one actually has an interesting plot. Zac Efron and Nikki Blonsky are incredibly good in their roles. (And John Travolta is priceless!)

YouTube - HAIRSPRAY Official Trailer
I never saw this version...I did enjoy the original with DEBBIE HARRY, RIKKI LAKE and DIVINE as Tracie's Mom...

YouTube - HAIRSPRAY (original & best)

Most people seem to agree that JOHN WATER'S version is better. .

Old 06-19-2010, 06:04 PM

11,864 posts, read 11,081,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

As an interesting sidelight, I was in about seventh or eighth grade when the Sound of Music came out, and one of our teachers told us about going to see it with a group of the nuns at the school. When the scene came on of the head nun singing to Julie Andrews they all broke out laughing because it was so ridiculous.
LOL blasphemy (just kidding) I remember my great aunt taking me to the theatre to see it when I was a wee lass and can't count how many times I forced her to take me back - so for your viewing pleasure

YouTube - The Sound of Music - Trailer [1965] [38th Oscar Best Picture]

Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 AM

11,766 posts, read 14,741,530 times
Very funny.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:04 PM

LOL...Joy...too funny...yes some musicals can be/seem ridiculous as I hate many of them; but I like a lot of musicals also, because life itself can also be ridiculous...like our Political Forum.....LOL...Here's another I liked>>>>>

YouTube - South Pacific HD Trailer (DST Arizona)

Though it got tedious at times.....overall it was pretty good and it is amazing the number of songs we all know that came from this one; although I did not realize that the "everyday" songs I knew, from my youth, were from SOUTH PACIFIC. PS...I just realized this is NOT the original movie but a stage production...HERE is the link to the original>>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAP3...eature=related I'M GONNA WASH THAT MAN RIGHT OUTTA MY HAIR.......LOL.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies