Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:01 PM

373 posts, read 1,853,125 times

Advertisements

There are some services out there that you can use to order cleaned up versions of movies by mail. I have some friends that use them. I mentioned what they were, but apparently a moderator deleted my post. Apparently it's okay to mention movies by name, even though they are a for-profit product, but it's not okay to mention distribution channels for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 06:56 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei2873 View Post
There are some services out there that you can use to order cleaned up versions of movies by mail. I have some friends that use them. I mentioned what they were, but apparently a moderator deleted my post. Apparently it's okay to mention movies by name, even though they are a for-profit product, but it's not okay to mention distribution channels for them.
I just checked and no posts have been deleted from this thread. Zero.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,944 times
I agree with you....i hate movies with trash. Try ClearPlay - Edited Movies
I don't have it, but it looks awesome and it's on my list of things to get to clean up so many movies I want to see.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:03 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
"Coupe De Ville"!!!!!! If anyone wants to see a great movie-watch this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
My husband and I like to watch movies, but we really like to steer away from those with a lot of profanity, sex and violence. The profanity bothers me more than anything Does anyone have any recommendations, besides obviously those that are G-rated and marketed for children?? I don't care if it's current or old. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
Batman Begins!!!!!! OH my can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned yet
New World....amazing film
The Painted Veil......very good
I know I mentioned it in the religion thread to and I'm sure you saw the post but "A man for all seasons" is a brilliant film!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM

232 posts, read 846,225 times
I would definately recommend:

A Walk in the Clouds with Keanu Reeves. Very sweet, tho the kids may be bored
The Guardian was wonderful, there was a fight scene in it, but it was hands on, no guns etc
Sweet Home Alabama is a winner with Reese Witherspoon
Just like Heaven........LOVED IT, it was soooo cute
Galaxy Quest, rules the Universe imo but has sci-fi kinda violence :?
Hook with Robin Williams is a great kids movie as is Jumanji
Sound of Music
The Quiet Man with John Wayne is excellent

umm.....I am getting ready to move and all my movies are packed. =( I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

For all the movies I listed, I actually do watch a lot of violent ones, so I hope I selected a few you might like. Good luck with your search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:03 AM

Oh forgot to mention, Jerry Lewis movies are huge favorite of mine also

Old 06-29-2007, 06:52 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
My husband and I like to watch movies, but we really like to steer away from those with a lot of profanity, sex and violence. The profanity bothers me more than anything Does anyone have any recommendations, besides obviously those that are G-rated and marketed for children?? I don't care if it's current or old. Thanks for any suggestions.
I'm huge movie junkie ... currently over 5000 in my collection. If you want safe movies, go old ... 30's, 40, 50's many super great movies ... most better than today and you don't have to worry about sex drug and language. There are some from the per-code day of the the 30's and the few hard to find smutty for the day, calm by today films. But as a rule most pre 60's films are fun, good and clean.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Anyone know of a good website to order the "oldies"? I have a pretty good selection already, but always looking...

Old 06-30-2007, 05:08 PM

Amazon is a great source for hard to find movies. I can order movies from them that I cannot find ANYWHERE else.

Hope that helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies